Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterCrimedatbase

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumGrävmaskiner[Grävmaskiner] Allmänt

The Druid's Duck Hunt !!

45 inlägg • Sida 3 av 3
Allmäna teknik-diskussioner rörande grävmaskiner

Holger

#31 » 14:44:45, 17-03-2015
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

Thank you!
Användarvisningsbild
Holger
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sverige
Maskintyp: Hjullastare
Maskin: Test

ja-bond77

#32 » 18:17:30, 17-03-2015

I can´t think of any other members on the forum having wheeled Hydremas. At least no one that admits to it... :mrgreen: Hydrema backhoeloaders on the other hand, those do pop up from time to time.
Här ska inte stå en massa gammalt skit när kronofogden kommer! ... "Stort är bra, större är bättre och för stort är precis lagomt" :mrgreen:
Mina projektbyggen...Min Youtube-kanal
Användarvisningsbild
ja-bond77

Suomi Finland (svenska)
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: Länk till min maskinlista: www.maskinisten.net/t1422
Verkstaden: www.maskinisten.net/t4302

SampoR2065-07 www.maskinisten.net/t2676
Kockum 414B -82 www.maskinisten.net/t13475
Kobelco SK235SR www.maskinisten.net/t214811
Lännen 860 S -00 www.maskinisten.net/t8461
Gem emerald -97 www.maskinisten.net/t27192
Case IH 1394-4 -86
Ford Major
Valtra 8150 hitech-01

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#33 » 22:30:54, 18-03-2015

ja-bond77 skrev:I can´t think of any other members on the forum having wheeled Hydremas. At least no one that admits to it... :mrgreen: Hydrema backhoeloaders on the other hand, those do pop up from time to time.

#
That's a pity - looks like I'm on my own here too then, with the 'Drema!! :sad:
Was hoping to get some Q.s answered!! :smile:
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!! :uupps:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

Ort: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
International
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (hjulburen)
Maskin: '99 15 tonne Hydrema Weimar M1500 compact wheeled excavator with Druidfab VA-r tilt rotator (rototilt)
'86 JCB 3CX SITEMASTER Extradig --SOLD
2002 JCB 8015 - 360 excavator
'97 6 tonne swivel skip Thwaites dumper
3 tonne Tico Humperdumper
Fleming Manor Micron 1/2 ton walking excavator

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#34 » 01:46:01, 19-03-2015

When I bought the 'Drema, it came with a virtually new 4 ft (122cm) toothed digging bucket,
Bild
a 7 ft (220cm) bulk/grading bucket,
Bild
a 4 ft (122 cm) hydraulic digging clamshell bucket
Bild
and a 2 ft (60cm)toothed bucket (which wasn't there when Paul picked it up and was promised to be forwarded on a pallet - 9 months ago - no show so far!! :sad: )

I've since acquired a nice 3ft (90cm) toothed bucket which I need to re-cheek (but was a very good price)
Bild

Plus a 5ft (153cm) grader, in need of a little TLC
Bild
and another 3 ft which is in need of a few teeth (more on that subject later) which were again a very good price, :smile: .......
Bild
......... due to the fact that they are both on a B20 mount, which is not popular in the UK! :sad: :eek:
Bild

The 5 footer is of 'unknown origins' and been modified to B20, :vissla: but the 3 footer is Akerman and has had virtually no use. :grin: Regrettably its teeth have gone astray and I have so far drawn a blank on finding some replacements :sad:
Bild
Bild
Bild

I had intended to re-cheek the both of them to suit the 'Drema's 400 x 280mm pick ups on 70mm pins, but had an alternative idea :idee3: :grin: - more on that again. :smile:
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!! :uupps:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

Ort: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
International
Maskin: '99 15 tonne Hydrema Weimar M1500 compact wheeled excavator with Druidfab VA-r tilt rotator (rototilt)

ja-bond77

#35 » 08:20:04, 19-03-2015

The missing teeth resembles the "bofors" teeth used on åkerman... Have a look here if you find something interesting:
Martin.Eriksson @ Nu behöver jag hjälp med att bestämma skoptänder.
Här ska inte stå en massa gammalt skit när kronofogden kommer! ... "Stort är bra, större är bättre och för stort är precis lagomt" :mrgreen:
Användarvisningsbild
ja-bond77

Suomi Finland (svenska)

Case IH 1394-4 -86
Ford Major
Valtra 8150 hitech-01

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#36 » 12:40:29, 19-03-2015

ja-bond77 skrev:The missing teeth resembles the "bofors" teeth used on åkerman... Have a look here if you find something interesting:
Martin.Eriksson @ Nu behöver jag hjälp med att bestämma skoptänder.

'Morning JA
The Bofor's teeth have been suggested several times by others on the UK forum, as being a possibility, but as I say, to date I've drawn a blank on finding any suitable for it :sad:
I understand that the bucket was originally supplied with a 20 ton Akerman duck! :vissla:

Thanks for the link :cool: - the picture of the rusty one in post #13 is probably as close to what I surmise fits the gum. :smile:
I'll sketch what I think it is and the dimensions of gum later and put it up. :thumme:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#37 » 13:20:48, 20-03-2015

Getting back to the grab for a while ....... there were issues with getting that grab's quickie bracket actually in a position that I can get at it AND to 'stay put', long enough to get the damned thing onto the hitch. :eek: :vissla:

Had a few suggestions mooted, by several people in emails, from the UK forum and came up with a simple and very effective (if not a little 'heath' looking) answer -a couple of suitably tailored blocks of wood, strategically placed, whilst I had it hanging on't 'Drema !! (more on that later) :smile:

Yes I finally had a go at getting it on there!!

Would not want to be doing it too frequently - bit of a faff, but a great att. for loading loose with - again, more anon ...............!

Bild
Originalets URL: http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/2014-06-10211131_zps593d9d3b.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/2014-06-10211219_zpse90f05f0.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/2014-06-10211206_zpsf79be8ba.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/2014-06-10211142_zps50ac235c.jpg

Having opened it fully and parked it in that position, it's sat a lot more stable than it was and easier to 'play about with' on the floor now that it wasn't towering 7 ft high, above me!!!!!

Ignore the ratchet strap - just there making sure the thing stayed open, when I picked it up to tuck it away - the block is going no where, with that hitch plate sat on it !!!!!

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

ja-bond77

#38 » 18:31:39, 20-03-2015

There wasn't an option to lay the grab on the side on the ground so that the coupler bracket would touch the ground? Maybe other disadvantages that way... :klia:
Användarvisningsbild
ja-bond77

Suomi Finland (svenska)

Case IH 1394-4 -86
Ford Major
Valtra 8150 hitech-01

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#39 » 02:15:03, 21-03-2015

ja-bond77 skrev:There wasn't an option to lay the grab on the side on the ground so that the coupler bracket would touch the ground? Maybe other disadvantages that way... :klia:

All will be revealed JA :vissla: :smile:

The wooden blocks, suitably 'persuaded' in each side of the swivel, looked like they'd do a fine job - could have always put a small ratchet strap around 'em to make sure they stayed put whilst mounting it up. The big block held the hitch just right to get on and off then with a bit more ease - a lot better than the damned near vertically down that it was.

The pic.s in Hydrema's publicity brochures show that particular grab direct on the dipper end, which could have been done by pulling the pin in the end of the hitch bracket and dropping that and the hitch on the deck, but that would negate the joy of having the 'hitch on a switch' then, though. :eek: :sad:

The plumbing was a bigger faff.
The main service off the crowd service was easy enough, but the swivel/rotate connectors were right behind the hitch plumbing's mount blocks (would like to meet the nerk who welded them just in the wrong place) and are a PITA to get on/off. :sad:
Had to take the top plate off the one block to get the pipe to line up to screw it up!! :uupps:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Combine this with it being 8 ft in the air wrestling those damned great, uncooperative pipes and you'll see where I was coming from. That said - good bit of kit, once you have got it on and the second/next time'd be an easier proposition !!!!! :grin:

it was like wrestling spaghetti / canned worms.
Whoever parked the thing last, had left it half open/closed and it was't very cooperative!!
Plus it must be a good tonne!!
I considered that I may well hitch it up the next time and lay it over to pipe it, but got to watch you don't have the pipes and fittings, doing it!!!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Once on and 'dangling' she sits down a little at the front at full stretch, but get it a bit closer in and it's fine - empty! :eek: very quick action on the clam and the rotate was fierce on the pedal, with the slightest of touches, initially, until you're expecting it!!! :uupps:
Gave it a bit of a try on what was left of my last 20 ton pile of 3/4" to dust and it took a mouthful with ease!
Could well see it being a great tool for loading out 'loose' and the rotate was a pleasure to use, once acquainted with the pedal a bit better. :smile:
Sat FOW at about 1/2 reach she handled it really well over the side. On jacks/blade I can well imagine it's going to be very stable.
Only down side was the free swing, but could soon 'catch it' if it got a bit of a sway on!!!!! :uupps:

Can well imagine that without a hitch, this would be a fairly easy proposition to get on the end of the dipper and the crowd link has a 'capture' position for fully closed (pic. to follow on that one) location, to keep it put.

There was a bit of wear in just about all the pins, but it closed well. :smile: Some one at some point has welded/tacked some extra packers in the mate faces of the centre of the shells (see below) - next time it was on I sussed whether they could come off as I thought she'd open more with them off and can't really see WTF they'd been added for really. :???:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Properly and fully opened she sat quite happily and with the hitch plate suitably blocked it should have been easy enough the next time.
Just the plumbing was a long way up, but as I said earlier, could have well tried laying it over, once hitched, obviously avoiding the pipework, etc..!!!!! :eek: :eek:

one more for good measure !! :grin:

Bild

Ain't she a 'Drema ?? :grin: :grin:

Couple of pic.s of the link retainer lugs/captures, for when the hitch is off/got a grab on the dipper end as promised ! :smile:

Bild

Bild

I thought it was pretty neat . :cool:
IIRC I've seen similar on Atlas and Liebherrs in the Eu markets too. :thumme:

Then I found some pix of a.n.other 'Drema M1500 with a grab on, in an alternate manner.......... :???: :idee3:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

.........and realised why it was such a PITA to get on :huh: :vissla: :screwy:

The next attempt was significantly easier !!!!! :grin:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

jörgen.ottosson

#40 » 08:38:57, 21-03-2015

I suppose, but You get at longer range Your way. :lmao: ( but I can see why Your "rear end" might like to connect it in the "shorter range position" :bira: )
Deus ex machina
jörgen.ottosson
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: sandvik sl-350
liebherr a500s
scania lbs 140
KL 121B

ja-bond77

#41 » 08:51:21, 21-03-2015

Aaah! :mrgreen: But... that is just plain lazy... :ohnej:

I would trade for more reach any day if it just costs some small coupling difficulties. You don´t always have to fill the bucket/grab fully... I´ve heard... :klia:

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
ja-bond77

Suomi Finland (svenska)

Case IH 1394-4 -86
Ford Major
Valtra 8150 hitech-01

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#42 » 12:54:12, 21-03-2015

jörgen.ottosson skrev:I suppose, but You get at longer range Your way. :lmao: ( but I can see why Your "rear end" might like to connect it in the "shorter range position" :bira: )

I agree with you Jörgen - much better reach, but the connection is far easier the 'correct' way around.............to a degree .... without the Druid packers :vissla:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#43 » 14:18:04, 21-03-2015

ja-bond77 skrev:Aaah! :mrgreen: But... that is just plain lazy... :ohnej:

I would trade for more reach any day if it just costs some small coupling difficulties. You don´t always have to fill the bucket/grab fully... I´ve heard... :klia:

Not so much lazy JA as easier, :smile: but as you and Jörgen both quite rightly say - much better reach !! :grin:
Plus as you say, you don't have to fill that big old grab with every 'bite' :vissla:

It's a great tool for loading loose materials with and is I believe a 'digging' grab, but at 4 ft wide, the ground would not want to be too hard!! :???:

I have a lot of 'loose'/pre-dug to re-handle so it will be very useful for loading this out into my dumper! :thumme:

Bild

I have also reduced/eliminated the risk of pipe damage, on the grab, by fitting QCs to the rotator, :cool: so the pipes are off, out of harm's way, whilst it is being 'juggled about', getting it on there and I wanted to 'borrow' the pipes for other things!! :smile: :vissla:

I did eventually try the grab on the way around it was intended ........ :vissla:

I'd been intending to wrestle the grab on to her for a while, to bag up a load of 20mm to dust and 40mm clean left over from a couple of 20 ton loads that'd been sat about for a while and were in the way for a (garden type) shed move. :smile:

Having sussed the 'right way' round to hitch her up, :thumme: from pix of others I'd found on the net (and also discovered that this is a digging grab as opposed to a simple loading grab), I set about trying to get the damned thing on. :???:
Even with my 'patent' wooden blocks supporting the hitch, it was still a little bitch!!! :uupps:

After what seemed like some considerable time and effort it was on and I took somebody's suggestion of laying it over on its side, to pipe it up. :smile:

You want fingers like the Madagascan Aye Aye Lemur ........ :grin:
Bild
.........to get at the screw on QCs, with the crowd ram closed against the dipper - lot of room - NOT !!!!! :eek: :eek:

Bild

But it was on eventually and hanging as it was meant to! :cool:

Bild

For such a lump she handled it well - as long as I remember the axle locks, that is!! :uupps: :smile:
Having got myself parked where I could get at all I needed to reach, I thought it prudent to drop that old blade a tad closer to the deck, just to keep her from nodding about too much !! :smile:

Bild

Jakie got woken from his slumbers to hold the bags for his big bro and shift 'em out the way, when they eventually got filled - metre bags and a 4 ft grab spell over-spill !! (until I got the drop on keeping it to one side of the grab with some careful positioning !!) :smile:
Sure beats the hell out of filling nine bags by hand though - ended up with eight after the one spewed it guts, when it got picked up and had to reload it into a fresh bag - bloody bio-degradable bags!!!!!! :uupps: :uupps: :eek:

I eventually got quite adept at closing it and raising with it, to just scrape the deck of 'loose'. Deffo would've been easier with the controls the right way round though!!!!!!! :eek: :sad:

Bild

First time that patch of ground has seen the light of day in close on 4 years!!
No sooner was it clear-ish than another 20 t load, or two, of stone appeared on it, et sec, etc. !! :grin:

Next time though the pipes are gonna get crossed over, as close was the wrong way round and kept catching me out. :sad: :eek:

Beginning to wonder whether the pipes ought to be the other side of the pick up, so' I could feed 'em through the swivel, keeping 'em out the way a bit better and they'd be the 'right way round' - crowd to close. :huh:

Just Googled a load of 'Dremas on Heavy Cherry and sure enough, they've all got the pipes out front !! :vissla: :idee3:

Next question was .............. do I pull the pin, or undo the bolt??????? :???:
Still have not sussed why that bracket is on such a cock eyed angle either?? :???:

The lil' guy in the last pic below, has just seen the amount of space available to get at the QCs, next to the crowd ram!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
Bild
:grin: :grin:

Think I'll put them on first next time, before I lock off the ram in the closed position!! :idee3: :thumme:

After Jakie'd parked all the dumpies, once filled, I had to find 'em all a home. :uupps:
Past experience has taught me that the straps on these things are not the greatest of items, :sad: so thought it prudent to get 'em all on pallets, :cool: before trying to relocate 'em to an 'out the way' (for now) spot, with the least jiggling and stress possible to 'em! :grin: :grin:

Similarly experience has taught me that these bag's straps do not like forks :sad: :uupps: and are much less likely to 'let go', hung on some more strap friendly, 'softer' tubes!! :cool:

Doing it this way is also a damned sight easier than trying to thread the tubes through the straps, :cool: with them slid on the forks.
These are too small for 'the 'Drema forks' anyway, :sad: but I do have some bigger ones that will fit them. :grin:

Bild

Was interesting that, at full stretch, placing these, the 'Drema actually sounded as though she was noticeably 'working', :smile: possibly the first time she'd actually 'grunted' a bit and she'd done some pretty decent lifts to that point! :eek: :eek: :grin:
Senast redigerad av V8Druid 14:49:53, 21-03-2015, redigerad totalt 1 gång.

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#44 » 14:41:51, 21-03-2015

To round off the day, whilst I had it on, I thought I'd just 'deal with' those naff packer blocks that had been attached to the opening stops on the clam shell halves! :eek: :smile:

Bild

10 minutes with a thin disc to 'off' 'em ....... :smile:

Bild

and a quick grind, to tidy up ......... :cool:

Bild

and hey presto - proper job!!!!! :grin: :grin:

Bild

She now opened fully/all the way and sits down a lot more tidily. :thumme: :hurra:

Can see why the previous owner was told to buy a new weapon, :eek: if they were using this a lot, as I'm told they did. (This m/c spent its entire life in a water treatment plant, cleaning beds and loading sand hoppers, hence the grab, the fact it has never been road registered and is on its original tyres!) :cool: :grin: :grin:

This is not the most oil tight of attachments!!!!!!! :huh: :vissla:

Bild

Couple of scraper/gland seals may be in order on the rams and an investigation of WTF the oil's coming from, :sad: down the centre column????????? :vissla:

Job for a.n.other day though - tea was ready!! :smile: Yummy! :grin: :grin: :hurra: :hurra:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

InläggDetta inlägg har raderats av V8Druid den 01:46:52, 01-05-2015.

Återgå till [Grävmaskiner] Allmänt