Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterMaskinistenin rikosrekisteri

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Track newbie questions 580C

2 inlägg • Sida 1 av 1
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

Nadar (trådstartaren)

#1 » 05:09:19, 06-05-2014
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

I've have some experience on many mechanical fields, but the tracks are completely new to me. I'm such a newbie that I don't even know the terms for the basic components. So, this I'll just have to try my best to explain what I mean, and I appreciate any correct terms you give me back ;)

I got my 580c home late march, and I've been using it a little the last couple of weeks both to get to know it and to clean up some fallen trees (by making a rudimentary access road to where the trees had fallen). The controls are still quite unfamiliar to me, but mostly it's been ok. Until yesterday that is. I was done with my "tree cleaning process", and was on my way out of my miniature forest, when one of the tracks locked up. That had happended a couple of times before, and I had it on my "to do list" to try to find the cause once I was out in the open again. Anyway, I had unstuck it earlier by driving back and forth and doing some general "track gymnastics" before, so I tried that again. And it kinda worked, the track was freed again... but I turns out as I was moving on that the track was no longer moving with me :(

I had broken what I think is called a "track master pin". Upon further inspection, the pin had been welded in place by the previous owner. From what I can understand, they are supposed to be pressed in place (as most of mine too are). I think I saw another 2 or 3 pins with welding on them on this track. What I think has happened is that the welding has failed and the pin has started to move inwards.. so that I did'nt see it. Once it were about half way out, it's crashed into something thus jamming the track. Stupid me with my "gymnastics" simply gave it a proper beating, and it broke off. I thought the problem was that the track wasn't corretly lining up for the sprocket and that my gymnastics would correct that :(

Anyway, my questions are: What's the correct term? Track master pin, track pin? I think I've figured out that the part you drive on is called plates. But, what do you call the "rest" of the track (track minus plates)? It's basicly a huge bicycle chain. Track chain? More precisely, what do you call on single "section" of the chain? A link? Track chain link?

I need the terminology to explain my real questions. Lacking that, I'll call it "track chain link" for now. On the "track chain link" on it's "narrow side", there's a "steel cylinder"/bushing (arrow on picture) that the master pin goes through, and this is also the part where the drive sprocket grips. This cylinder/bushing is slightly broken where the pin broke, because the pin has transferred a lof of power onto it before the pin broke. I could also see another place in the track where this "cylinder" is completely missing. Are these possible to buy separatly, or do I have to buy a complete "chain link"? If so, what are they called?

I'm also wondering why the pin won't stay in it's place without the welding. I do understand that it has to do with wear and that the fit is simly too loose, but how come that 3 or 4 pins in a chain is that worn while the rest stays in place like they should? A also wonder, generally, would this "problem" indicate that both the pin and the pin holes in the "chain link" is worn, or does the wear typically occur on one of the two? In other works, would it make any sense to try to just replace the pin, or would that just fall out again because the wholes in that particular "chain link" is too worn?

I'm also wondering what such bits would cost. The track master pin, the "track chain link" and the "track chain link cylinder/bushing" if that exists as a separate part? I really can't throw a lot of money on this, so I'd have to decide if I should try to get the needed parts or try to repair the old ones.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Nadar
Fler än 10 inlägg

Norge
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: Case IH 885XL, IH B-2275, Hymac 580C, Bedford TK, diverse Ford D serie, GMC 353

Nadar (trådstartaren)

#2 » 15:06:07, 06-05-2014
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

I found this overview in the parts manual in the downloads section:
Bild

It answers some of my questions, it seems like I can get all the chain parts separatly (or atleast one could back in the days). What I called "chain link cylinder" is here reffered to simply as "spacer". What really confuses me though, is why there are two different "spacers" (11 and 7) and two different pins (6 and 9). Why is that? I would think they would be the same parts...?
Nadar
Fler än 10 inlägg

Norge
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: Case IH 885XL, IH B-2275, Hymac 580C, Bedford TK, diverse Ford D serie, GMC 353

Återgå till Hymac Technology