Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterMaskinistenin rikosrekisteri

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Hymac 890 T

11 inlägg • Sida 1 av 1
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

Backabo (trådstartaren)

#1 » 23:59:55, 30-12-2010
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

hi everyone. i am a new member of the hymac club and i need some help.
I have recently bought a hymac 890 T -80,and i wonder if anyone has information about this machine. Instruction manuals,workshop manuals,spare parts list´s? Any information is valuable.
Can someone help me, Nick? Jeremy?

Best regards, Tomas Pettersson.
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Senast redigerad av Backabo 22:03:12, 11-01-2011, redigerad totalt 1 gång.
Backabo
Fler än 1 inlägg

Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Hymac 890 T

Jeremy Rowland

#2 » 00:43:47, 03-01-2011

Hi Tomas :wave:

Can you please give me some more details about your Hymac 890? The original 890 was first built in 1975 and was intended to replace the 880 series machines.
From the details that I have there were 258 built from that date upto 1984. The latter models had the servo type controls and from what I can gather all or most were powered by Perkins T6.354 engines.
Manuals may still be available but I personnaly do not have a manual for that machine, I can certainly get technical info if you have a problem with it.
Please post some pictures if you get the chance to, that would be appreciated.

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Backabo (trådstartaren)

#3 » 22:28:46, 11-01-2011

hello Jeremy.
i posted some pic´s of my machine as you can see.
it has a perkins t6.354 and servo controls just like you said.
i am not sure of the age but i was told it´s 1980. perhaps you can find out,the serial number shows on the last pic.
was this T-type special for the scandinavian market?
i have orderd an operators manual from petterssons in gävle and im looking forward to get it here.
the machine is working well,except for one of the track drives.probably a broken axel between the two sun gears inside the track drive.
the track is "rolling" but the axel where the motor is mounted is standing still.
i have used my 890 a few days digging at my sisters new house, but now its at my fathers workshop to be repaired.
will also mount a "SMP fäste"(dont know the english word for that),and i need to install an axiulary power outlet.
do you think you can find a hydraulic schema for this machine.

looking forward to hear from you again. :smile:
Tomas
Backabo
Fler än 1 inlägg

Jeremy Rowland

#4 » 23:51:36, 11-01-2011

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for posting the pictures, your machine looks to be in a very tidy condition for its age.
I would guess that the 'T' model identification would indicate that the machine was indeed intended for the Scandinavian market.
There should be a schematic diagram for the hydraulic circuits in the operators manual that you have ordered, if not I may have a layout in an old Hymac publication that I have so let me know and if there is not one in your manual I will get it scanned in and post it on here for you.
I have a friend who was a Hymac fitter and I will ask him about your track problem too.
I see you also have a Hymac 580 machine in the background of the one picture, do you still use this machine?
The 890T looks a splendid machine and appears to have been looked after, sadly over here in the UK a machine of a similar age would probably be minus its windows and some of its engine panels too, a poor reflection on us Brits.

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Jeremy Rowland

#5 » 17:04:23, 23-01-2011

Hi Tomas :wave:

I have managed to find a layout of the hydraulics for your machine, I hope this helps you.
I have still to ask my friend about your track drive problem, will see what I can do.

Best Regards

Jeremy
Bild

Bild

Bild
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Backabo (trådstartaren)

#6 » 21:45:00, 06-02-2011

Hi Jeremy.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.The hydraulic diagram really helped me out. :thummar: Will start working on the auxillary output soon.
Have you found out something about the track problem?

Speak to you soon

Tomas
Backabo
Fler än 1 inlägg

Jeremy Rowland

#7 » 21:51:42, 06-02-2011

Hi Tomas,

Glad the diagram helped you :thummar: I will hopefully be talking to Tony Flint sometime tomorrow, he was a time served Hymac apprentice and I know he's worked on 890 machines so I am hoping he can give me an idea as to whats wrong with your machine.

Kind Regards,

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Jeremy Rowland

#8 » 23:39:55, 07-02-2011

Hi Tomas,

I have spoken to Tony Flint today and I asked him about your track drive problem. He suggests that you start at the track drive motor first, although these are not generally suspect. The problem is far more likely as you had thought to be in the planetary gear reduction.
If you need any parts when you have stripped it down then if they are not available from your local dealer let me know and Tony will try and help you.

Kind Regards,

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Backabo (trådstartaren)

#9 » 23:57:20, 03-05-2011

Hi Jeremy.
Sorry i haven`t posting for a long time.
We have had another child this spring, and she has been ill for a while.
Have been a though time for us, but now she is fine.
I have just started to work on the hymac again,and i have dismounted the track drive gearbox.
Too bad it was the "sun pinion" that was worned down causing "bits" to fall down and damage the "annulus" and the "sun gears".
I have been in contact with a workshop here in sweden that can make new parts for me, but i am wondering if its possible to find a "used " gearbox in the U.K.
have also been in contact with a hamworthy dealer in Denmark and he will see what he can do.
Another question for you Jeremy, what is the difference between a 890 ct and a890 D? just wondering, found pic`s of a 890 D on the net one day.
Thank you for all your help, and i hope to hear from you again soon.
best wishes Tomas
Backabo
Fler än 1 inlägg

Jeremy Rowland

#10 » 22:20:28, 04-05-2011

Hi Tomas congratulations on your new daugter I'm glad she is feeling better now :thummar:
I now have access to an 890 workshop manual so I should be able to help you a little bit better, I would suggest that you first contact the link below;

http://www.hymac-parts.co.uk/contact.htm

And see if you have any luck getting used spare parts there, I will also contact my friend Tony Flint who has a few 890 parts but I'm not exactly sure what parts, but he should know the different drive systems on the 890 machines so I will try and see what I can find out for you.

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Jeremy Rowland

#11 » 11:02:54, 05-05-2011

Hi Tomas I have spoken to Tony Flint and am sending you a pm about this.

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Återgå till Hymac Technology