Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterMaskinistenin rikosrekisteri

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Hymac 580 C Cross-Line Relief Valve

24 inlägg • Sida 1 av 2
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

dolmenman (trådstartaren)

#1 » 20:56:58, 18-01-2019
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

My Hymac has had a problem since I got her..

When the machine is sitting with the boom and bucket lifted or you are tracking without the slew lock engaged, it tends to creep slightly to the right (clockwise)….Also if you are working on a slope and loading a trailer the bucket tends to creep to the right and this can be inconvenient...I have worked round this by trying to load to the left (anticlockwise) but this is not always possible....It is not too bad and my understanding of hydraulics is limited. I always presumed it was the staffa slew motor needing internal seals.

However, could adjustment of the CLRV remedy this and could I adjust it without a pressure gauge?...How would I turn the adjustments to make it stronger to resist moving on it's own to the right?...I know you guys are a lot more knowledgeable than myself and I would be grateful for any advice..

Where exactly is it located?
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: Hymac 580 C

DH Service

#2 » 22:40:53, 18-01-2019

Check your crossline valves , the oil wont be hold at the right side if you have a leak inside, my machine had the same problem and could not find anything wrong in the slew motor , i will check my valves too when the project comes to that part.
DH Service
Fler än 100 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Hjullastare
Maskin: IH 1246. Bm 350 Boxer.FMV 1600. Volvo bm 4300, Hymac 580c Mobilt arborrverk för entrepenadmaskiner /industri.

#3 » 23:06:26, 18-01-2019

Thanks for the reply DHService….
This is what I am thinking too as it is only in one direction...I am studying the Bible (Hymac 580C Workshop Manual) and I think it would greatly help the machine to be more accurate...
I think I could purchase a kit Hydraulic Gauge kit from the internet quite cheap and test all the Master Releif Valves as well...
I am going digging next week so it can wait a little while.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

#4 » 14:47:27, 19-01-2019

I've identified the Cross Line Relief Valve and the adjustment is underneath...
There seems to be only one unless both the valves are inside this block...The workshop book isn't very clear..
Bild

The Check Valves must be inside the cross-line feed pipe (inside red circles)
Bild

I wish I knew what I was doing before I start this... :vissla:

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

#5 » 19:03:51, 25-01-2019

Ok...I have removed the check valves and found one had came apart inside...there is a small cross of metal that holds the spring which holds a ball bearing and the spring and cross (Y shaped) are held in with a circlip..(see picture)
Bild

I got another one from our local breaker but I noticed it was installed the opposite way round than the one I removed....i.e. with the spring end facing into the feed for the slew so that the pressure closes it....

I put the pipes together with the ball end feeding into the slew pipes and the machine was very very loose on the slew with no braking..
I then swapped them round (with the spring end into the slew pipe) and the slew function is perfect...
However, I am worried that they both should have the ball end facing into the slew feeds as they are now closed under pressure...I won't operate her until I know for sure..
The arrows that are supposed to be on the valves are illegible...

I must say the workshop manual is useless as there seems to have been two different types of crossline relief valves...you can see the older type from the picture below from the breaker

Bild

dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

#6 » 13:25:23, 26-01-2019

I have received advice from a former Hymac fitter on the http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/v ... 65#p116065 and I think I have assembled them correctly. He says the problem with the Workshop Manual was that Hymac constantly developed there machines and the manual quickly became out of date...That is probably why there is no information on these Check Valves in the manual..

I think the previous owner had wrecked one of the check valves when he was brazing the pipe to the slew or he put it in the wrong way round.

I have tested her this morning although on level ground and the slew function is much improved....she stops where I want her to which makes digging a lot easier :grin: :smile:

I have left the check valves to close when the slew is operating so I'm reasonably sure that is how they should be....the "creeping" to the right is much less, but it could be :-

1) The check Valve in the CLRV
2) A fault in the spool valve control
3) Seals in the Staffa motor

I am going do a bit of digging on Monday so will see how it is then..

dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Andy80

#7 » 13:50:37, 26-01-2019

Sounds promising! Hope you got it to work :thumme:

Andy80
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Hymac 580B

#8 » 14:35:30, 26-01-2019

Thanks...it is one less problem to worry about..I will probably have to renew seals in rotary distributer that feeds the track motors next...Also, I am going to have to renovate the controls (probably a joystick conversion) as the holes in the linkages are all egg shaped...I will wait until the weather improves..
It seems the list of jobs never ends..

I will soon have to start my own Topic on this forum...
"Irishman's struggles with 40 year old Hymac".... :idee3:

3 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Andy80

#9 » 16:30:37, 26-01-2019

It could be worse, you could be struggling with a 50 year old Hymac like me :thummar: :)

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Andy80
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige

Antevante

#10 » 17:57:48, 26-01-2019

Very intresting facts about the valves. Never had any problems (yet) with the slew on my BT.
Användarvisningsbild
Antevante
Fler än 500 inlägg

Maskintyp: Hjullastare
Maskin: Volvo L90H (Anställd)
Hymac 580BT
Hymac 580DS
MB Trac 800

#11 » 18:17:01, 26-01-2019

I hope you continue to be problem free with your BT...the only positive is that I am beginning to understand how the hydraulics work...I was surprised there was no information in the workshop manual about these check valves....I have seen picture from your topic on your BT and the "plumbing" to the slew is different to mine..
Mine has the adjustable CLRV to feed the Staffa
Bild

Whereas the older 580 C and BT had this system for CLRV with two valves and a pipe via check valve to the opposite feed...This is from the breakers beside me and is similar to what I seen in your topic about your 580 BT, Antevante...
Bild

As you can see there is a treasure trove of Hymac pieces..He also has several complete machines including a 580 D which looks like he is selling as it has moved from the last time I visited..He doesn't like me snooping around photographing but if I am back (haha...I'm sure I will be) I will try to take more pictures

3 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Andy80

#12 » 19:25:27, 26-01-2019

Locks like Paradise :smile:

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Andy80
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige

#13 » 18:19:29, 28-01-2019

I did a bit of actual digging today....The slew still creeps a little but not as bad as before...but!!..
As it was quite a distance I noticed that she tracks slightly to the right...the transmission I repaired is the side which must be going slightly quicker so the problem must be in the other, untouched side....maybe she always did this and I never noticed..
Also, there is a leak from the rotary distributor that controls the oil to the track motors...I will wait until the warmer weather to look at it as it is very cold here...maybe the imbalance in the tracking is something to do with this leak? Time will tell..
Bild

4 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Andy80

#14 » 20:58:55, 28-01-2019

My Hymac does tracks slightly at one direktion to when im travel, perhaps it has to do with a leakage from one track motor or that one hydraul pipe is squashed a bit making it narrower.
Andy80
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige

#15 » 21:10:07, 28-01-2019

Thanks Andy80...it's reassuring that I am not the only one...it is not serious enough yet but I'll keep a watch on it..

dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Återgå till Hymac Technology