Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterMaskinistenin rikosrekisteri

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Hymac 580C fuel level sender

4 inlägg • Sida 1 av 1
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

dolmenman (trådstartaren)

#1 » 21:30:17, 06-03-2019
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

Hi Hymacers...I was hoping for some advice....Since I got the machine, the gauges never worked (Fuel, Temp, Hours), which has been a bit of a nuisance...As electrics are not my strong point, I didn't bother as she is starting fine and charging the battery. Usually my intervention with electrics can make things worse..

As I had a bit of time as I can't work at the moment I decided to do something about this. I removed the control panel and discovered there was power to all the fuses and a green wire supplied power to all three gauges and the ignition light (which works). All three gauges were connected by a black wire which fed to an earth in the front of the cab..I tried a new earth as the connection from the black wire was very corroded and all three gauges came to life.

The only problem is that the fuel gauge is now showing full. I checked the book and a green and black wire connects from the gauge to the fuel level sender. I checked the voltage at the gauge (around 4 Volts) and it is the same where it connects to the fuel sender. If I earth this wire the gauge shows empty, so the sender must be a potentiator that as the level gets lower, it produces more resistance.

There seems to be only one connection on the sender and it must be earthed directly from the sender to the chassis, where it is attached...

Is there only one connection to the sender, or should there be a separate earth...I ask as I don't know whether to try earthing the body of the sender before I embark on opening the top of the fuel tank to check the sender isn't stuck.....Many Thanks in advance..
Alex
Bild
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: Hymac 580 C

#2 » 19:11:28, 07-03-2019

I suspect the sender is faulty or inaccurate...the tank is full at the moment so I won't know if it works until the level drops..
I wonder is it difficult to remove the sender and does anyone know if there is just one wire connecting to the sender or should there be an earth?
Thanks in advance guys..
Sorry for my Swedish...lol

Jag misstänker att avsändaren är felaktig eller felaktig ... tanken är full för tillfället så jag vet inte om det fungerar tills nivån faller ..
Jag undrar är det svårt att avlägsna avsändaren och vet någon om det bara finns en ledning som ansluter till avsändaren eller ska det finnas en jord?
Tack på förhand killar ..
Bild
Bild
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Björn79

#3 » 20:34:45, 07-03-2019

Jag har också bara en kabel och mätaren går i topp trots att min tank är nästan tom

Skickat från min ONE A2003 via Tapatalk

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
Björn79
Fler än 10 inlägg

#4 » 21:17:01, 07-03-2019

Thank you for your answer Bjorn....so yours is the same as mine...Even with the sender feed disconnected at the gauge, the reading is still full, so the sender must be faulty, or it needs to be earthed...I am recovering from my hernia surgery so I suppose that the exercise of getting into the cab, connecting a wire, getting off, climbing onto the platform, connecting/disconnecting to the sender, climbing down, climbing into the cab to try, getting off again etc etc etc is doing me good :aaargh: :aaargh: :aaargh:

Tack för ditt svar Bjorn .... så din är densamma som min ... Även med avsändarens matning frånkopplad på mätaren är läsningen fortfarande full, så avsändaren måste vara felaktig, eller den måste jordas. Jag återhämtar mig från min bråckkirurgi, så jag antar att utövandet av att komma in i hytten, ansluta en tråd, gå av, klättra på plattformen, ansluta / koppla till avsändaren, klättra ner, klättra in i hytten för att försöka få av igen etc etc etc gör mig bra
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Återgå till Hymac Technology