Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterCrimedatbase

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Hymac 580 C in Northern Ireland

16 inlägg • Sida 1 av 2
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

dolmenman (trådstartaren)

#1 » 15:58:04, 28-11-2019
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

Hello everyone...I've decided to start my own thread on here so as when I have problems or questions, I don't have to pollute someone else's thread...

I'll give a brief recap of the story.... I live on a farm here so am not unfamiliar with wrenchs, spanners, welders etc. My father and myself had wanted a tracked excavator for years, but the price put us off. We hired out machines but finally decided to look around in 2016. We ruled out a rubber wheeled JCB type machine as we have a lot of drainage work to do and past experience with them getting stuck made a track machine the obvious choice.

We spotted a Hymac 580C in the local farming paper and went to look at her with my brother in law, who already had a 580C. The price was £2750 which was within our budget and my brother in law thought she looked OK. He did say one thing though, when I told him I knew nothing about Hymac's. He laughed and said "don't worry, by the time your finished with her, you will know ALL about them".

She is a late model 580C as she has never been cracked or welded and the frame is made of the stronger tubing. She has a Ford engine and I susprct she is '79-'80 although I have never checked with serial number.

The first thing we did when getting her home was to clean her and respray the undercarriage and fixed some rotting tinwork. Also Oil and filters in the engine.
Then I replaced the brake pads and repaired the Hydraulic seals in the brake rams.
Next was the seals in the bucket ram which were pouring oil out. Also replaced eye on ram.
Replaced two track motor pipes.
Seized top roller replaced.
Rebuilt track gearbox (This forum was a big help)
Replaced front idler wheel.
Replaced check valves to slew motor.
Replaced seals in Rotary Distributor.

We are lucky in that there is a breakers yard 5km from here and can source a lot of parts there.
Here are some pics

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

I have a few more jobs on my wish list such as improving the slew function by either replacing or regrinding the seats on Cross-line-relief or worse. seals in the slew motor. Also, I might do a joystick conversion.

She will never be in the condition of some of your machines but she is intended as a farm workhorse and I suspect she is in better condition than most modern machines will be when they are 40+ years old. She is very powerful I should add.
Senast redigerad av dolmenman 16:02:41, 28-11-2019, redigerad totalt 1 gång.

12 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: Hymac 580 C

Holger

#2 » 16:01:03, 28-11-2019

Thank you for sharing!

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
Holger
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sverige
Maskintyp: Hjullastare
Maskin: Test

magirus

#3 » 00:02:06, 29-11-2019

:thummar: :shake_hands: :driver:

magirus

Sparrow

#4 » 10:22:56, 29-11-2019

:shake_hands: :thummar:

Sparrow
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskin: MF 35 (utlånad till dottern på obestämd tid)

Andy80

#5 » 13:52:41, 29-11-2019

Thanks for sharing! Interresting it has ha Ford engine. I thought that the later models was fitted with a Perkins engine. Has the engine been changed once in a time?

Andy80
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Hymac 580B

#6 » 17:34:38, 29-11-2019

I've no idea of the history of her...it's enough for me that the engine starts :grin: :grin:
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Antevante

#7 » 21:53:13, 29-11-2019

Great with another Hymac- thread!

There were both Ford and Perkins in the 580C.

One easy way to see wich engine there is in a machine, if the exhaust pipe is in the front end of engine cover its a perkins or at the back its a Ford. Both has the exhaust at the rigth. The 580C I had a while ago. It had pre cutted holes for both engine types. But the in the ”ford hole” they had welded a pice of metal.

Hymac fact of the day. Cheers! :bira:

5 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
Antevante
Fler än 500 inlägg

Maskin: Volvo L90H (Anställd)
Hymac 580BT
Hymac 580DS
MB Trac 800

#8 » 12:18:03, 10-02-2020

I thought I'd put on a few photos of what I've been up too...Last year we had some fencing done by a contractor, and he left a mess...there was more work clearing up than the fence....ended up burying it in a bog...
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

It is still very wet here...

5 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Andy80

#9 » 13:06:43, 10-02-2020

Slippery when wet as the girl said :nikka:

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Andy80
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Hymac 580B

#10 » 21:26:40, 12-04-2020

I hope you are all well, fellow Hymacers…With the "Lockdown" here, I have finally managed to finish a few jobs, like levelling after the fencing men and finishing our triangular wasteland field...some of you will probably have seen these on the Hymac Facebook page...
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

This has taken a few months...

10 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

#11 » 17:29:53, 05-05-2020

I have a question regarding the slew function on my 580C and would be grateful for any advice..
Since I bought her in 2016, the machine has a tendency for the slew to creep to the right, even on level ground. This is much more pronounced when on a hill and the slew function has poor retardation when slewing right. It is fine in the opposite (left) direction.

I intend to be working on a steep hill in the near future so it would be desirable to fix this.

I have cleaned/replaced the check valves on the pipes to the slew motor and intend to remove and clean the check valves on the Cross-Line-Relief-Valve assembly. I will also check for leaks in the Valve Block Spools (VB3).

I doubt if it is any of them, which leads me to the Staffa motor. I know there are seals kits available, but my question is:-

Can I remove the top half of the slew motor, without removing it from the machine, to replace the spool valve seals on the cylinder on top of the motor?

From the diagrams I have looked at, there seems to be a series of circular seals, similar to the rotary distributor. Would this be possible and are there any major difficulties doing this?..Thanks in advance
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

Antevante

#12 » 18:22:12, 05-05-2020

I had my slew motor changed. Its heavy but not very hard to lift out of the machine. I think thats the best way to attack the problem.

Användarvisningsbild
Antevante
Fler än 500 inlägg

Hymac 580BT
Hymac 580DS
MB Trac 800

#13 » 18:56:10, 05-05-2020

Thanks for the reply...I think you are right but sourcing a good used one (not from a certain RG) might be difficult and costly...will proceed to check the other easier fixes first...cheers

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
dolmenman
Fler än 10 inlägg

International

PeterR

#14 » 21:31:34, 05-05-2020

Nice job with the land clearing!

Användarvisningsbild
PeterR
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskin: John Deere 1640 med Quicke Q930, Cormach SC-2, Modig 190HF, Arboga U2508, Arctic Cat 400 ATV

Antevante

#15 » 19:03:03, 06-05-2020

dolmenman skrev:Thanks for the reply...I think you are right but sourcing a good used one (not from a certain RG) might be difficult and costly...will proceed to check the other easier fixes first...cheers

I just wanted to say that I think its easier to deal with the slew motor if you take it out. My slew motor cracked so I had no choise :mrgreen:

Användarvisningsbild
Antevante
Fler än 500 inlägg

Hymac 580BT
Hymac 580DS
MB Trac 800

Återgå till Hymac Technology