Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterMaskinistenin rikosrekisteri

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Replacement filter element for Hydraulic filter

44 inlägg • Sida 2 av 3
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

Nick Drew

#16 » 21:19:09, 13-11-2007
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

Hi Validum,

It's amazing to see these great old machines just stood by the roadside out there!! :buga:

Do you know any history on where these machines worked or where they were sourced from??

Nick :mrgreen:
Användarvisningsbild
Nick Drew
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

validum (trådstartaren)

#17 » 03:37:47, 14-11-2007

No I do not know about their history but on the seat base of mine has a brass plate i'll get the inscription for you , it referrs to some "plant 222 in Surrey ?" I do not know if this is where it was built or where it worked before being sold overesas, maybe you can shed some light on that when i send you the details of the inscription.

I'll try to find out about the last one I posted.

interestingly enough I believe that I can find 2 of them which have been refurbished and are for sale close by , I'll get some pics for you to see ( price 17,000 US dolalrs each )

validum
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Nick Drew

#18 » 21:23:19, 14-11-2007

validum skrev:No I do not know about their history but on the seat base of mine has a brass plate i'll get the inscription for you , it referrs to some "plant 222 in Surrey ?" I do not know if this is where it was built or where it worked before being sold overesas, maybe you can shed some light on that when i send you the details of the inscription.

I'll try to find out about the last one I posted.

interestingly enough I believe that I can find 2 of them which have been refurbished and are for sale close by , I'll get some pics for you to see ( price 17,000 US dolalrs each )

validum

Ahh All very interesting Validum :thumme:

I look forward to any information you can provide :grin:

Most Hymacs from that era were built in the Hymac factory in Rhymney in Wales, So I would think that 222 would of been a fleet number for the machine in the past??

Keep posting Validum :thummar: Great stuff :buga:

Nick :mrgreen:
Användarvisningsbild
Nick Drew
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

validum (trådstartaren)

#19 » 04:31:41, 15-11-2007

how many photos am i allowed to post , i have 5 different machines to post.

here goes

Bild
Bild
these two are for sale the guy declares that he bought them second hand from the UK , are they still doing that , I thought that there were none left over there? or is he pulling a fast one by refurbishing a couple he got locally?
Bild
This one above is actually "on the job"!. construction.
Bild
This one above also working road and ditch , here is a closer shot of this one BV3
Bild
this below is the sister to the one I have ( bought together) it works , the cabin is "shot" and the turret swing motor leaks oil , they are ging to fix that this week and canabalize a cabin from another scrap.
i'll keep looking for more,missing a couple of track plates also.
Incidentally these are all within a 3 mile radius from where I live!.
Bild
Bild

validum
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Holger

#20 » 09:47:22, 15-11-2007

Hi validum,

you are welcome to post as many photos as you like!
Thank you! Those are great!

:wave:

/Holger
Användarvisningsbild
Holger
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sverige
Maskintyp: Hjullastare
Maskin: Test

validum (trådstartaren)

#21 » 05:28:48, 16-11-2007

One more,
It just Just got home, When I passed by yesterday it was not there . It was probably out working in the field. the boom seem longer than the others , or maybe it is the camera angle?
Bild

Validum
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Robban_C

#22 » 20:31:03, 16-11-2007

validum skrev:... the boom seem longer than the others , ...
It is 0,5-1 meter longer. If you compare the mounting point for the dipper cylinder you clearly see the difference.

You seem to have very nice weather! :thumme:
We have late autumn/early winter here with about 0 degree celsius.
Har slutat på forumet!
Användarvisningsbild
Robban_C
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Volvo EC45 -06
Volvo ECR25D -17
MB-Trac 800 -86
Valtra N174D -17

validum (trådstartaren)

#23 » 05:53:15, 17-11-2007

Hello Robban_c
aaah nice weather, well , it is quite hot here I'm hoping for some cooler days and some rain it has been quite dry of the last 2 months, but we expect december rain.

How long an arm can the 580c work with without tipping over?, or in other words what is the longest reach possible ?

Mine is in the first post i made so I assume that this is the standard arm I have, I also suppose that there are a few of the ones in my last post hanging/lying around with a longer arm,, Maybe I can get one to change mine over,
Would I have to change the hoses also? would this work ?.

I really need some reach since I am dealing with some swampy territory.

Validum
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Robban_C

#24 » 10:02:19, 17-11-2007

With longer reach you have to use smaller buckets to prevent tipping over even on stable ground.
But remember that long reach means more ground pressure "on the bucket side" when you reach out full. So on swampy grounds you might have to use even smaller buckets if you have very long reach to regain stability.
But this is probably only a problem with very long reach and/or very swampy terrain.

An extreme example regarding bucket sizes would be machines that have really long reach such as the Volvo EC210/240/290Long Reach (21-29 ton). They are meant to use buckets around 0,5 m3. This can be compared to the Volvo EC140 (14 ton) that is meant to use bucket sizes around 0,6-1 m3.
The example is extreme as the LR:s reach 15-19 m but you get the point.

Regarding changing components to alter the reach:
I don´t know how the Hymacs are built but I would guess that the hoses are the same and the pipes between the hoses (such as on the boom or dipper) differ.

About maximum possible reach:
I don´t know about the Hymacs but probably our English members do.
But I just want to say that there may be other differences such as heavier counter weight. Maybe a machine built especially for very long reach have smoother hydraulics to make them nice to drive although they have that long reach?

I have driven an EC240LR. It was a very strange experience. I started reaching out following the ground down the slope and my first thought was "There is no end to this" when I still had 3-4 m until full reach. :thumme:
And I noticed (not by experience) that you have to be careful when pulling the dipper in at full speed or you will end up with the cabin filled with gravel and an empty bucket as the bucket comes in at such high speed. But I didn´t do that. :grin:
Har slutat på forumet!
Användarvisningsbild
Robban_C
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Volvo EC45 -06
Volvo ECR25D -17
MB-Trac 800 -86
Valtra N174D -17

validum (trådstartaren)

#25 » 13:06:34, 17-11-2007

Thanks for the great explanation , I am dealing with a White silica sand area ( no other type of soil , this sand goes to 2000M depth , I'll toss you a photo of the area, they usually mine white silica sand here. I am in a gully where the water naturally springs up and collect into a creek ie the creek starts here so I am dealing with an area , which has a compact sand base but may have a covering of decaying humus ie swampy, the max thickness is about 1 m, so i could inch along building a sand dam to drive upon as I go , the sand drains and compacts quite easily,

Are you interested in seeing photos as we work?

Validum
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Holger

#26 » 14:23:04, 17-11-2007

validum skrev:Are you interested in seeing photos as we work?

Validum

YES! Of course! :thummar:
Användarvisningsbild
Holger
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sverige
Maskintyp: Hjullastare
Maskin: Test

Jeremy Rowland

#27 » 23:23:20, 18-11-2007

Hi Validum :wave:

Thanks for posting the pics, they are first class.
The 580C with the extended boom is indeed an interesting machine because Hymac normally used a two piece boom for waterways applications, I haven't seen another machine with a boom like this.

Thanks

:buga:

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

validum (trådstartaren)

#28 » 03:59:01, 22-11-2007

Interesting, do you have a picture of the 2 piece boom? , The more recent excavators here ( cat etc) I note have a longer dipper arm, as you may have noted in my post with this picture I was kind of confused about the boom length it did seem longer thant the rest I posted earlier, it is the only one I have seen here till now, I'll keep looking for mopre.

Good news, my hymac ( first pic posted) is now operational , not painted as yet but we hope to start digging soon , maybe in a week or so , I will post pics , Hope we do'nt get stuck in the swamp!
Anyone knows how much hydraulic fluid should be in the machine? ( 580C)

by the way mine has a Ford 2713/E engine,, it is quite difficult to find spares for the Ford, I just had to replace the seal for the water pump, I am not sure that the bearing will hold out for much longer!. Anyone know where I can source parts for that that engine?

Validum.
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Jeremy Rowland

#29 » 16:45:42, 25-11-2007

Hi Validum :wave:

Please post more pics they are great and very much appreciated :cool:
The answer to your question about the hydraulic oil capacity of your machine is 93 UK gallons or 423 litres. Hope that helps.

I don't have very many pics of 580c with two piece booms, think this one is the clearest. :thummar:

Regards,

Jeremy
Du har inte behörighet att öppna de filer som bifogats till detta inlägg.
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

validum (trådstartaren)

#30 » 07:06:43, 27-11-2007

Interesting, how did it work, did the angle in the middle of the boom straighten out for more reach or flex to shorten the reach? or did the front half slide out and in to lengthen or shorten the boom?
validum
validum
Fler än 10 inlägg

Återgå till Hymac Technology