Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterCrimedatbase

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumThe Hymac ClubHymac Technology

Hymac 580 BT problems....

5 inlägg • Sida 1 av 1
Discuss Hymac technology here.
Diskutera Hymac-teknik här. Obs! Forumet är på engelska!

Thord Johansson (trådstartaren)

#1 » 21:36:24, 20-08-2008
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

Hello!
I bought it just before the summer and I´ve just started to repair it. There is a lot to do if you look at the pictures. The main problem right now is a drive shaft. I haven´t taken it apart by myself and got the things in a box.. Now I want to buy some spare parts and put it together again so I can use the machine. I looked on Downloads here on Maskinsten och Hymac 580 c parts manual page 15. It looks like it´s the same but the problem is that my Hymac is a BT and the parts manual is a 580 c? Could it be the same under carriage? I want to clear this out before I buy spare parts. The diameter inside the driven sprocket is 70 mm.

Thanks for your help!

Thord

Bild

Bild
Bild
Bild
Senast redigerad av Thord Johansson 16:46:50, 21-08-2008, redigerad totalt 2 gånger.
Thord Johansson
Fler än 1 inlägg

Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Volvo Boxer 350 -65
Volvo Boxer 350 -59
Hymac 580 BT -74
Valmet 705

Robban_C

#2 » 21:49:48, 20-08-2008

Hi!
I cant help you with your questions but I can say hi and welcome!

I am sure that our friends from England Nick Drew or Jeremy Rowland will help you. They are both pure Hymac lovers and always do their best to help.
Har slutat på forumet!
Användarvisningsbild
Robban_C
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (larvburen)
Maskin: Volvo EC45 -06
Volvo ECR25D -17
MB-Trac 800 -86
Valtra N174D -17

rune stewen

#3 » 18:21:23, 23-08-2008

Hello Thord.
I have one 580C from about -75, and have just done the repair you are going to do now.
As far as I know, a 580 BT is a B-modell on a C undercarriage.
But even c-modells can have different diameters on the driveshafts so the best thing to do is to call a scrapyard and ask for the driveshaft with the correct measure.
I saw on your picture that you have the bearings and with bearings inside diameter and the drivewheel splines diameter I think it will be easy to get the correct shaft.
I did get my need of spareparts ( used ) from Bathso maskin AB i Klippan Skåne telefone #:0435-32220. www.bathso.se.
I am sure they will be able to help you to a resonable price.
best regards
Rune Stewen
Användarvisningsbild
rune stewen
Fler än 10 inlägg

Jeremy Rowland

#4 » 22:25:38, 23-08-2008

Hi Thord :wave:

As Rune says the BT is a B on a 580C undercarriage, that being the case it is also probable that Hymac may have used different size drive shafts because this was quite a common problem on these machines.
Rune has given you a good contact but if you have no luck there then I can give you the contact number for Richard Gould of Hymac parts and service, you will need your machines serial number to get the correct shaft.
Any problems then don't hesitate to contact me and I will do my best for you.
Nice pics thanks for posting them :thummar:

Jeremy
Jeremy Rowland
Fler än 100 inlägg

International

Nick Drew

#5 » 12:41:00, 24-08-2008

Hi Thord,

Well it appears that our fellow members have given you the very best advise already :grin:

So I will just say good luck with your repairs and keep us informed of your progress and of course more photos of your lovely old Hymac :thummar:

Nick :wave:
Användarvisningsbild
Nick Drew
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

Återgå till Hymac Technology