Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterCrimedatbase

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumRedskapGrävredskap och fästen

Druid's 'Drema's Druidfab Attachments !!

1743 inlägg • Sida 105 av 117
Diskutera grävredskap och -fästen här

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1561 » 18:04:39, 08-03-2020
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

all water where it should be :hurra: :hurra: :hurra: and all working fine ......
'cept my boiler decided to have a hiccup an hour ago :aaargh: .......
seems OK now after sticking it on manual, giving it some HEAT and topping up the pressure a bit .. which did look fine, but an extra 0.2 bar seems to have settled it :idee: :vissla: :thumme:
we'll see .... just didn't sound right ... but does now :thumme: .......
funny how your ear will pick up the slightest thing when it's in tune with regular background noise :vissla:
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!! :uupps:

5 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

Ort: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
International
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (hjulburen)
Maskin: '99 15 tonne Hydrema Weimar M1500 compact wheeled excavator with Druidfab VA-r tilt rotator (rototilt)
'86 JCB 3CX SITEMASTER Extradig --SOLD
2002 JCB 8015 - 360 excavator
'97 6 tonne swivel skip Thwaites dumper
3 tonne Tico Humperdumper
Fleming Manor Micron 1/2 ton walking excavator

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1562 » 20:49:11, 11-03-2020

As said Josh and family here, over the weekend ... his Birthday shortly and we're not going to see them for three months ... off traveling later in the month, having saved up holidays, maternity and paternity allowances .. off round Europe ... again .. possibly not the greatest time to choose but all planned months in advance and they'll just keep away from people as much as poss.

little un's growing :cool:

Bild

daddy didn't get a look in on the candles ... four or five times, Sunday afternoon .. :skratta3:

Bild

Clara and Shem decorated his cake!! ..... bit random :grin: ... but they didn't pinch any, whilst they were doing it .. much to Pam's amazement :uupps:

they departed about lunchtime, after I'd fetched Clara back from nursery yesterday ...... then it was treatment time, bit later than the usual Monday morning, after we'd had lunch ..... Clara loves to get in on the act .....

Bild

Bild

gonna be a while 'fore she gets anywhere near my arm, with a canular ...... she's dangerous enough with a thermometer :uupps: :uupps:
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!! :uupps:

6 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

Ort: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
International
Maskin: '99 15 tonne Hydrema Weimar M1500 compact wheeled excavator with Druidfab VA-r tilt rotator (rototilt)

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1563 » 01:43:10, 18-03-2020

evening all .......so

what's the score with the Covid 19, Corona virus in your part of the world ??
The tish is starting to hit the fan here ... not as bad as a lot of Europe ATM, but only a question of time.

there is absolutely NOTHING about the scandinavian countries in our media what so ever :???: :vissla:

Panick buying is emptying supermarket shelves, faster than they can keep them stocked at the moment

My three weekly shop, which usually takes me an hour, took me 3.5 hours yesterday evening, in three different supermarkets to try to find all we usually buy ..... and failed to find any fish or chicken, fresh or frozen!! plus several other things :aaargh:

a lot of public places closed - cinemas, museums, art galleries, restaurants , clubs, etc.. Pubs will be next and soon I would guess ... :huh:
Gov is asking people not to go to them and avoid those sorts of places.
anyone over 70 is being asked to 'self isolate' ... will become compulsory very soon too I think ... possibly for 4 months :uupps: :uupps:

compared to Spain/Italy/France, we're a couple of weeks behind them IMHDO ... it's only going to get worse ... A LOT WORSE :sad: :sad: :sad:

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

magirus

#1564 » 11:35:34, 18-03-2020

G´day Mate.
Last night t´was said on the news 1000 and perhaps some infected, 8 dead.
12 in intensive care.
I can give you´n update as soon as.

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
magirus

gute84

#1565 » 13:38:39, 18-03-2020

live in france not alowed going out any more for 15 days bu ther is no shortage of goods in the stores exept for toiletpaper and pasta ther rest are fuly stocked you need a special paper to travel ore even walking your dogs

4 personer gillar det här inlägget.
gute84
Fler än 500 inlägg

International
Maskintyp: Ej angivet
Maskin: en mängd skrot

lagun49

#1566 » 02:20:08, 19-03-2020

Don´t understand the panic about toilet paper; we have a plant in Sweden supplying hundreds of tons of this every day; they have 47 toilet peper mills around the world.

My son is working with the computer side of ESSITY which is the company who owns all these toilet paper mills, so he is well supplied.

As being over 70 and in the risk group, I have decided to stay at home and not going outside the property.

Best regards

Lars G

STAY COOL! :rock_on: :rock_on:
Den som aldrig misslyckats, har heller aldrig försökt.

5 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
lagun49
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Kompakttraktorer
Maskin: Strands S68 pelarborr/fräs
REX-Storebro VF145 svarv
Husqvarna Rider 850

gute84

#1567 » 10:23:54, 19-03-2020

its the brits panic about toilet paper her my neighbour her is a english lady in her 90s she thought i was so stupid she tell me about there was no toilet paper during the war she lived true the blitz :grin:

gute84
Fler än 500 inlägg

International
Maskintyp: Ej angivet
Maskin: en mängd skrot

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1568 » 22:23:46, 17-04-2020

evening guys .... hope you are all well and still with us .... anyone replying no to the latter ... I don't believe you :skratta3: :skratta3:

can't believe it's a month since I was last in here .... and don;t get any notifications to prompt my memory :sad:

a very big catch up coming up .. will date a lot of it to give it some order and logic :thumme:
get yer dictionaries out :lmao: :huh:

3 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1569 » 22:26:50, 17-04-2020

lagun49 skrev:Don´t understand the panic about toilet paper; we have a plant in Sweden supplying hundreds of tons of this every day; they have 47 toilet peper mills around the world.

My son is working with the computer side of ESSITY which is the company who owns all these toilet paper mills, so he is well supplied.

As being over 70 and in the risk group, I have decided to stay at home and not going outside the property.

Best regards

Lars G

STAY COOL! :rock_on: :rock_on:

me neither :???: :???: :???:

as I am on an ongoing treatment regime (for life) I got a letter telling me not to go anywhere for 12 weeks ... 4 weeks ago :vissla: ... another 8 to go :uupps: :uupps: not been further than the end of my drive in five weeks :eek: :eek:

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1570 » 22:54:22, 17-04-2020

ok ..... here we go

14-3-2020
we're not that far from shops in a few directions - 20-30 min.s, but see no point in trekking every few days /week ... when we're there (well me actually - I do our shops usually-Pam hates it) I 'hit it' ... and really fill up ... but as said every two/three weeks ... leave it as long as poss. :vissla:
Milk tends to be the one thing that 'drives' me out for supplies .. 3 gallons'll usually stretch two and a half+ weeks and can 'top up' from the little garage shop in the village - at twice the price!!

two freezers (and a third that I could / might switch on today) will store a LOT to keep us provisioned for a good month plus ... Might sneak into town 'bout half eight tonight, when the rest of the world's in the pub / watching the box and 'top up' ... late night opening is great ... real quiet usually, but run the risk of shelves being depleted ....... we're ok really for a couple of weeks, but by that time the tish may well have deepened considerably, so better to try a top up now

... in this JIT world, when the supply chain starts to break down, then the crap'll hit the fan :eek:

17-3-2020
Well after consulting friends in Aber Saturday evening .... it didn't happen :vissla: ... the locusts had stripped everywhere bare - completely !!
so left it 'til last night (16th)....
my usual hour-ish shopping foray took me 3.5 hrs, involved three supermarkets instead of the usual one and failed to get anything in the way of raw fish or chicken - we don't eat a lot of red meat these days - occasional beef, but very occasional, so looks like we might be going veggie for a while !! ... once what we already have, runs out !!
might try again in a week or so, but we ain't gonna starve for several weeks

Got back at ten last night and Pam very apologetic for leaving it to me ... I'd told her to stay home ... much quicker without her bemoaning my 'methodolgy' of grabbing all the heavy shite first, at the bottom of the trolley, then whizzing round for all the light stuff .... was a case of grab what was there last night ... and re-plan menus/meals on the hoof, to suit available 'stores'/provisions!
did OK though and was surprised to find some items aplenty, oddly??

was more stock in piles on pallets in the aisles than on the shelves in Morrisons last night ..... and they shut at 10 pm ... staff're earning their corn ATM for sure

BIL's missus is blind and shops on line with Tesco .. every week ..... can't get a delivery for over three weeks :eek:

lots of local eateries/foody places offering meals delivered at very reasonable prices ... ... pub down the bottom of our lane doing his menu, just about everything on there, six quid delivered, within the locality ... might take him up on the odd meal .. his grub's always been good

big question is ......... WTF are they shopping ?????? :grin:

would imagine the guy down the road's has regular suppliers .... privateer, but runs B&B and a bunk-house ... he's always full, so would have standing orders with suppliers, I'd guess ..... full to empty overnight'd be some C change ... always crammed with walkers 365

Talking to a relative of a lad who used to work for me last night in the supermarket .. he and his wife run a guest house ... have had a grands-worth of bookings cancelled next few weeks .... and all of May's full house gone too .. they 'let' six double rooms and it's their income !! :sad:

20-3-2020
" Corona virus? .... WTF is that? ... Just lob another block on dad "

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200315_01_02_05_Pro_zpslav7qcfp.jpg

I'm a firm believer in re-incarnation .... and if you lead a good life in this one, as a reward, you come back as a pampered house cat life don't get much better .. full bellies and a Morso to warm yer toes by
we've actually had a dry day today .. all day and no wind to speak of, just a nippy breeze ... gave me a chance to sort this out ...... wind blew it to bits one night .

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200320_13_28_23_Pro_zpsu2pgpuml.jpg

think we may need a new one .... it might go back together, but not without a lot of ferkin' about ... can I really be arsed :vissla:
see what a 14 footer is tomorrow?

catches the wind real bad where it is though
problem with a steel one is the 14ft span .. have already had it mooted by SWMBO ... would have to give it some careful thought to prevent sag
new wooden one's about a hundred quid .. job done .... we'll see :huh:

21-3-2020
Drema had an airing today ...... first time in a while ... started first flick ...... Auto throttle playing up though ... no Standby or Low setting .. had to run her in Med. (2000+rpm) ...... can't for the life of me see HTF the actuator functions
hyd cylinder pulling a cable, but damned if I can work out how it discerns how much to pull it, determined by whichever switch I press ???? and we're only talking maybe 20mm of throw/travel in total ???? ... it may have to come to bits and see what's up ??
gonna end up with a manual cable otherwise, but the auto shutdown is very nice

cleaned out the last corner of the wood shed this morning ... it usually lasts us a winter, but Vicki's had a fair bit out of there this winter ... and Josh usually leaves with a fair pile in his boot too, so hasn't seen us through like it usually does, so .......

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200321_12_57_25_Pro_zpsctwrfvkz.jpg

had to extricate a boxful this morning .... after I'd moved me roller and pallet of stone out the way

dropped the forks off after and hung the bag lifter on the QH to sling said box under and carried it down to the wood shed

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200321_13_28_52_Pro_zps4tgrfkns.jpg

seem to have gotten out the habit of taking pix ... all I took this morning ..... took longer to 'unpack' yon box, than it did to get it out and down there

anyway .... plenty of burnables down there now ... 'til Vicki wants some more
Hopefully not going to need it for much longer, but we ain't out the woods yet, on the weather front and did not want to get caught out by the white stuff .. be sod's law .. MT wood shed and a foot or more of white shite

23-3-2020

Been a beautiful day here .... chilly breeze, but blue sky and sunshine all day ... boss wanted an extension lead this morning ... clean a car .. this is how it comes back

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200322_13_46_04_Pro_zpsnwxayk7o.jpg

done a few odds and sods jobs and then spent a great deal of time hunting for a throttle cable .. for the 'Drema .. tick over, or virtually full bollox yesterday, is not how I like to run her (try operating a duck at tick over Knew I had a couple here ...some where ??

failed to find the one I was looking for .. but did find a 'second best'

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200322_19_17_45_Pro_zpsmmbsi7fq.jpg

Needed some TLC .... and the cable re-attaching internally, as it'd eaten the original, but was a pleasant surprise to find it a simple job, once I'd dismantled it

very nicely made .... would recommend these ....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200322_19_02_55_Pro_zpstfmuqnev.jpg

God knows how old this is ... but I've probably had it 20 years ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200322_19_10_37_Pro_zpsktspjb8h.jpg

totally strip-able, multi positional stops and multi positional lever ... VERY clever design
'Sposed to be nice again tomorrow, so once I've had me hamster juice and 'the streets have aired' will have a look at installing said item.
Always had at the back of my mind having to 'go manual' on the 'Drema's throttle ... leccytronics're fine while they'm functional .... and I do like the auto idle on her ... but no box of lectrickery lasts for ever and it'd seem to be 'time' on hers

I'll see if it's 'fixable' ..... but need to suss just HTF it converts four different electrical 'button settings' to a multi-positional ram stroke, to pull the throttle cable, just a smidge, each time a different button is pressed ... it's less than 20mm travel, all told, from tick over to full chat, with only two wires feeding it a signal ??????? ... ATM I really can not see how the hell it does it?

anyone have any ideas ... I'll try and put some pix up of said techy cylinder ............... but i need some decent control of Mr Deutz's FL4 'til I can get a suss on it

As for the other cable, I was originally searching for **** knows where i've got that stashed away ..... it'll turn up sometime, but damned if I can recall where it is and certainly didn't trip over it today

PS
just found Bristow Controls on't 'net ...
https://www.directindustry.com/prod/cablecraft-motion-control-13999.html#product-item_1193409

looks just like JakieB's hand throttle ...... wasn't the one I was looking for .. but'll do for now .... had been considering summat along those lines for a while, but as said ... would be/need some sort of techy linkages
the 'Drema's tricky tech however has now determined an alternate is required

24-3-2020

never any mistaking a Monday in Druidville ....
Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200323_11_48_37_Pro_zpssbvn71nq.jpg

just hope next Monday's the same ...... need a delivery between now and then ... they seem to have forgotten me this month

spent the rest of the day working out how to route that cable ........ and then how to terminate said cable in the engine bay to marry up to the FL4's pump control

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200323_18_47_07_Pro_zps5xhrrjjw.jpg

more on that one tomorrow ............ could've done with another 6" of length on't cable really .... see if this works first, then maybe see if I can get a longer Bowden inner/outer from somewhere

24-3-2020

all gates locked and post box moved to far end of the drive
My treatment pharmacy delivery people tell me there shouldn't be any issues - ATM - but it's made in the USA

As for the fettling .... been trying me hand today

throttle lever persuaded into spot .. out the way ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_14_33_36_Pro_zpsw9c5qpy0.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_14_33_43_Pro_zpsj5rla9qf.jpg

took some juggling into spot

Ajax got a bit of an airing

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_13_23_26_Pro_zpstblnndfz.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_13_23_31_Pro_zpsdcwybdcb.jpg

creating a capture / mount for the Bowden's outer .....

....... and inner

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_14_37_45_Pro_zpshiryw8vr.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_15_06_06_Pro_zpsxqo2w1yx.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_15_06_48_Pro_zpsketd80ma.jpg

then it was time to create an end ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_16_04_54_Pro_zpst3zguklo.jpg

bit of pisser, having to drag the Caddy out for a couple of quick flashes ...... but had to be done .... would've liked some grub screws, instead of the SHCS,s but didn't have/couldn't find any so these got lopped down and lightly drilled the end of the thread to grip the cable, like a grubby would

getting the lengths right was a tad tedious, but got there and it got installed

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_16_15_55_Pro_zpsichipr9g.jpg

believe it or not that is full travel .. plus about 6mm ... not a lot of movement at all ... can see how little the auto throttle's ram needs to move to give four differing settings AND tickover ...... must be one techy lil' actuator/ sensed ram !!

left its cable attached to it and secured the flying end in the engine bay, so's it can't get up to 'no good' .... will extricate it from its hiding place when I'm feeling enthused [a] .. about looking at it and .. ..when I'm feeling enthused enough to get at the little sod ... it's not exactly easily gotten at .... engine bay belly plate off job, looks to be the easiest access

found this, this morning ....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200324_15_00_47_Pro_zpsp4avwjia.jpg

on the floor 'bout 10 ft from the 'Drema's door .... sure as **** wasn't there last night when I packed up ... and have no 'kin idea WTF it has come from ? .. can only conclude we had unwanted visitors last night, but couldn't see anything out of place ??... apart from the appearance of the above ???

it's certainly nothing to do with me ... don't recognise it at all ... and I could not have missed it ... first thing I noticed this morning !!
May have to sleep with one eye open tonight .......... an' a couple of barrels hanging out the bedroom window ... ALL my gates are locked and I've not sent out any invitations for nocturnal visitors .... so's they'm fair game as far as I'm concerned .... BANG!!

25-3-2020

self isolating ........ on the mower
first cut of the season ..... had a job to get it out the bag .. was so well packed in

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/1_zpsezsgufgs.png

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/2_zpsyb8mxs9x.png

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/3_zpsitsvuaxe.png

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200325_15_54_10_Pro_zpss96hle57.jpg

been a glorious day ... so lucky to be able to enjoy it ......... aside from the mowing of course ... after all the rain it's such a great change

Oh and Sparty made an appearance for half of it, after the mower'd woken him up .... slowed proceedings a tad, with him on me lap .

it sure as hell grew late last year, for sure ... ground was almost too wet to mow when I did the last cut of '19 .... certainly pretty bloody wet all around us here .. lawn not so bad, but beside the drive's gonna need another week of this sun and some wind, 'fore it can get the Dane let loose on it .
Was in the field above the lawn Monday sorting out a lamb that'd managed to get the wrong side of the fence from mum .. and the ground was like a bog

we are very lucky living here .. and know it. Perfect self isolation spot
spent seven years looking for our forever / last home ... looked at some great places with either shit access/pig farm next door/no views/etc./etc. .... this ticked all the boxes, bar the outbuildings ... it didn't have any .... but we compromised .... and creating somewhere to put one has kept me occupied for a while.
That and all the other things that needed doing here

our barn, pre-conversion

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200228_14_25_44_Pro.jpg%20crop_zps8prsufin.jpg

and last year

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/DJI_0126.JPG%20crop_zpsfvmu2wrm.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/DJI_0121_zpsudfs4ree.jpg

26-3-2020

so ....... remember this .....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200320_13_28_23_Pro_zpsu2pgpuml.jpg

took it apart/removed it the other day and spent an hour or so this morning re-assembling it 'fore the boss an' 'her assistant' gave it a couple of coats to freshen it up

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_13_35_41_Pro_zpsrg4idojz.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_13_46_30_Pro_zpsuwxmqd2n.jpg

4 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1571 » 23:08:29, 17-04-2020

went back together very well TBH ... will do 'til a replacement can be 'procured' ... wouldn't believe it was the same gate

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_15_58_27_Pro_zpsdkpuhk7p.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_15_59_05_Pro_zpsuy9w6jpa.jpg

was surprised at how much of a 'lean on' yon pillar has adopted lately !! .. piece of tish pillar and will get rebuilt in stone, when the wall gets stone faced .. it's doing its job for now

spent an hour before tea tonight going through all me chains .

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_17_26_51_Pro_zpspugppvkx.jpg

Lidl's finest 20 quid sharpener ..... one of the best 20s i ever spent

now have a full compliment, ready to rock ......

anyone ever seen one of these before ?? ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_18_22_37_Pro_zpsqjutpjh0.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_18_22_49_Pro_zpspypk0mt3.jpg

american thing ... have had it 25+ years ... always been a great little saw, but refused to start last time I wanted to use it, so it's on the bench for attention tomorrow ... very comfy to use and light enough to use hour after hour

question for you all .... got three heads like this ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_15_05_01_Pro_zpssbv0xhso.jpg

..... missing the eyes out of the feed slots for the cord ... had to rob a cast ali eye out of this one this morning, when i refilled the strimmer head, on the Husqy, as one of its eyes had broken up .... no spares left now and seems a bit extravagant to go buy yet another head for want of the ali eyes replacing on all four that i have sat ..... anyone suggest a source for said items ??

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_12_21_59_Pro_zps6a9pigwx.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_12_22_44_Pro_zpspwni2icv.jpg

and on a previous theme ....... 's a hard life being a cat ...... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_14_37_10_Pro_zpshfyodbo9.jpg

VERY nearly bought a Colchester Mascot on ebay this morning... was at 1500 quid with 5 minutes to go ... an' no bids ....... trouble is 'twas in Hull and 'er indoors'd've gone batshit having a Shipley truck turn up next week
luckily (for me, anyway),it jumped to £2+K in the last 30 seconds so decision made
was a well tidy lathe for that though... but a longer bed ... really want a shorty

buyer's market out there for toys. Lots of people laid off and shifting stuff to raise cash. Sadly also lots of people with time on their hands too...

was cheap enough ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLCHESTER-MASCOT-1600-LATHE-/202936565373?nma=true&si=TNa5fu10BIn2B6ePb%2FPXZ6uH700%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lbMAAOSwoGdeb05F/s-l1600.jpg

27-3-2020

Crisis situation here this morning .......
just finished the LAST jar of Pam's plum jam on me toast earlier
... she made 36 last year and somehow they all seem to have evaporated

WTF am I going to have for brekky tomorrow ?????

crisis averted ........ I looked meself this evening and found a few more jars hiding behind some tins so tha's brekky sorted for a few more weeks

pushed a slam post in with the 'Drema today, for the gate ... beats thumping it in ... pity the banks-woman ain't got much of an eye for upright ... should've gotten me self squarer on to it, so I could see for meself ... at 2+ ft in the deck it'll have to do

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_15_33_48_Pro_zpsog3kw3yg.jpg

screwed a rest/support block on to assist in maintaining some semblance of shape to it ... look better when it's had a coat of brown ... when we can get some more

Whilst I was out on the drive, we pushed another five fence stakes in to replace some rotted off ones ... not my fence line, but it's our drive the damned sheep escape on to, if the fence isn't up to scratch ... didn't take long with the 'Drema doing the shoving in

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_15_15_21_Pro_zpszijb3lms.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_15_16_09_Pro_zpsq8k6dmfw.jpg

they're actually more upright than they look there those gate posts have a hell of a lean on

new throttle control works a treat and doesn't seem to be presenting any issues to any of her systems .... warning lamp/bulb seems to have failed in the dash for the blade ... although the actual control function of the button still works and turns the solenoid valve on/off ... little investigating required .. hopefully the lamps are replaceable
a fully variable throttle is a novel treat

not seen this pair in ten days ... Vicki'd run out of GF bread .... and none to be found anywhere, so some of Pam's stocks had to be robbed from the freezer.

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_11_32_38_Pro_zpsd3vndij4.jpg

Clara was very good ... had obviously had it drummed in to not come to us ... stayed a good 20 ft away, love her .... not seen her on her little balance bike before and can't she go on it .... her bicycles are going to be a POP after .. really has the hang of her balance

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_11_32_57_Pro_zpscn1utrbv.jpg

great to see them ....... at a distance at least .... can you tell it was brrrr .. sly ol' NE wind this morning ... even with the sun, was 'kin cool

only invited visitors are coming past this .......

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_12_04_53_Pro_zpsqk2qgrn8.jpg

other-wise this is as close as they get

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200327_12_05_30_Pro_zpsrl1ieocx.jpg

'nother day or so and that ground's gonna be Dane ready for some grass massacre-ing ...... better avoid the daffs though ... be in trubble otherwise :eek:

29-3-2020

spent some of yesterday 'in the tish' ... well forking it anyway ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200328_17_15_00_Pro_zpsphzxny4u.jpg

Pam had me turning her veggie boxes over ... so she could do for the weeds that grow like crazy ... ready for said tish ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200328_17_15_23_Pro_zpsxlnarado.jpg

pity I can't get the Micron at these ... got a rake/fork made for that, for turning this sort of stuff over ... anyway ... three done, one is a strawberry bed and there's summat in no. 5 tha's staying ... apparently

the 'dead' fence posts got a seeing to .....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200328_16_35_55_Pro_zpstu5unyjz.jpg

whilst I had this out,
Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200328_16_36_01_Pro_zps0gb9bcpy.jpg

making good a half a pallet, that I'd used the rest of, to create a half/special pallet to go under me fuel tank, I acquired a while back.

Also got this little fella going .... again

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200326_18_23_06_Pro_zpscgiqmsuf.jpg

after a bloody good strip/clean ... my fave little saw for a quick job revving like a good un

then I see the posty arrive and deposit summat in't letter box, far end of the drive
so.... suitably equipped with some gloves ... and the key to the box, I went to see if it was some belts I was waiting for ..

so ... key in box .. open front ... a letter .... from the local health authority ... glove time ... get it out, open it up four pages, two in Welsh ... envelope and the Welsh bits get screwed into a ball in me left hand ... letter in right ... no glasses so can't read the damned thing ....
now ... I can't (in theory) shut the box with a gloved hand .. or touch the key ..... dunno WTF has been handling said letter .... the balled up rubbish is gonna get enclosed in the gloves as they come off, inside out, but I still have this damned letter to hold
anyway took it back to the house and gave it some disinfecting....'least Pam did while I hung on to it outside, then the gloves went in the burning bin, which was lit already and we could get a look at ........ hell of a quandry though, about how to handle this sort of thing, especially in view of this one's source, too, ..... or anything that arrives TBH ?? :unsure::confused:

Anyway ..... said letter was a bit of a surprise

Bild

twelve weeks FFS ..and as for all the other 'separation stuff' .... They'm a bit late with the advice ... and .......
Pam sticks needles in me every Monday .. gonna be bloody difficult at three paces

Bild

Bild

I can't wait to get tested for anti-bodies .. see if some of us had it in January ....

TWELVE ****ing weeks FFS!!

apparently so, Pam was reading somewhere this morning we can now sign up for the food parcel scheme!! ..... think there are more folk, in more need/more deserving TBH ....

Aside from being genetic, my Gaucher's doesn't really fit any of the criteria .. although my immunity is 'supposed' to be depleted/lower than usual, I've always been pretty damned good at not getting sh*t or fighting it off/recovering if i do ... and bear in mind that I was born with this ... 't ain't something new, just recently identified/diagnosed

Plus as I keep saying .... I'm pretty convinced that January's 'un-wellness' was this bloody virus ..... it all fitted the symptoms

It's the 12 'kin weeks that bothers me most ..... 's a long time .... wish I'd had a bit of sense and gotten some sand and cement in ...... might've developed enough enthusiasm to have a go at some stone work
would've been nice if me planings delivery'd arrived too ..... Russel could always have sneaked his crane in here some time ... that'd all have given me plenty to do

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

magirus

#1572 » 23:15:50, 17-04-2020

V8Druid skrev:evening guys .... hope you are all well and still with us ..

Yep, still here,`live and, well, not exactly kickin´ but still mobile :vissla:
No virus sofar :thummar:

V8Druid skrev:get yer dictionaries out :lmao: :huh:

Got it right here :shake_hands:

magirus

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1573 » 23:25:25, 17-04-2020

2-4-2020

well I've not been further than the end of me drive in over three weeks .... I don't go out a great deal anyway ... but that WAS my choice ... it's a bit odd when it's not so much through my own choosing !!

I'm very lucky that i have space to at least get outside and do summat ...

had a few punctures sat about, that have needed attention for a while ... this is the road wheel off me Manor/Flaming Micron ... not been used in a long time, but it kept me occupied for a bit, along with four 4.00 x 8s I had sat ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200331_17_45_13_Pro_zpsfktuge5a.jpg

bet yer's not seen one o' them bars in a while ... for those who can remember what they look like ... beat tyre levers ... hands down

bearing got a good dose of fresh grease while it was on the bench ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200331_18_04_57_Pro_zpsfpoqwimn.jpg

hauled Mr K's old trailer out of it's hiding place in the corner and put it somewhere a bit more accessible to finish off welding up the draw bar alterations, I started ages ago ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200401_14_36_59_Pro_zpskuhlfb5y.jpg

better position for setting about it with the MIG ... anyone who uses their infrequently ... when you get it out to use it .. always check this lil' sod on the Euro-connector or you'll never get a decent shield ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200401_15_40_59_Pro_zpsyfnzccom.jpg

tiny little O ring ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200401_15_40_54_Pro_zpsgtwybfbd.jpg

but they're such a tight fit that they snap for a past time .. and can cause all sorts of issues if you don't realise it's buggered ... new one fitted and torch installed ... half an hour with some 0.8mm and t'ain't coming off ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200401_17_15_44_Pro_zps3hu9whpx.jpg

picked it up, onto its arse end to get at the underside ... too bloody awkward there ..then slapped some of Firwoods best fast drying on it ... that wheel wedge frame's gonna have to go though !!

lifted it back down onto the deck this afternoon and picked the body up to get at the chassis for some shiny tish ... after a good wire brushing ... was remarkably clean-ish TBH

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200402_15_36_48_Pro_zps8lslswgs.jpg

propped and left on't 'Drema's hook for the duration ... was intending to whip the body off out the way, to make it an even easier task ... but the one tip hinge pin is going to take some getting out .. all the rest're fine ... just that one lil' bar steward ... so charged on as was ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200402_17_27_40_Pro_zpsm7mqhbev.jpg

dropped it down and left it there for tonight ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200402_18_43_07_Pro_zpspxayzebe.jpg

going to have a crack at that one pin tomorrow, with a hyd pack .... would like to lift the body off anyway, to flip it over to clean & paint the underside ... bloody hard work as is ...... be easier to do for that wedge frame too, with the body out o' the way

progress would've been faster today if it hadn't been for all the interruptions ... " can you just come and .... undo this/ lift this down/hold the steps for me/get me a ladder/go up the ladder - I don't like it - too high - and... /paint that up there /reach that down/etc./etc. " been one of those afternoons

anyone remember this .... got sent it this morning ....
judging by the level, stood up there, I'd guess 'daddy' has just gotten around to hanging it properly

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/15_zpsp9m1pokd.png

3-4-2020

"going to have a crack at that one pin tomorrow, with a hyd pack ...."

well that didn't happen ....
request from Vicki, via Pam for some 'veggie boxes' , summat like Pam's, but smaller ... she's got the gardening bug, by the look of it and it'll keep Clara amused a bit too ..... " what've yer got to make some with Gra? " Not got a lot in the way of 'spare' timber sat about, other than stickers and cribbing ... apart from some off cuts from the black shed build, which i'd had cwtched, to make Pam some planters .. sometime.

Having been searching me patch, she'd come across 'em and said ... " they'd do, wouldn't they? " so had to admit to the reason for having 'em cwtched aside ........ so that was the end of my plans for the day and fetched me 'chippy's hat' to get started, to silence the whining noise that'd suddenly started !! had no excuse readily to hand and no dimensions from Vicki so .............

one truck full of off cuts ......

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_13_07_58_Pro_zpspclbpfwq.jpg

much thought later and I had a plan formulated ... next was to extract some lengths of 38 x 90 CLS I'd also had stashed, from the shed build, in the roof of said shed, which unfortunately had a rolled up carpet sat on top of 'em ...... that took some re-homing, up in the roof

having worked out a cutting list/regime to maximise the available materials 'twas time to get to it ... 90mm CLS was overkill for the framing so decided to rip it down, which worked out well

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_17_47_56_Pro_zpsurjhivuw.jpg

couldn't be arsed to drag a saw bench out for the limited requirements, so just ripped it after I'd lengthed it

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_17_48_01_Pro_zpshswuljv9.jpg

then set about getting it all together ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_15_39_02_Pro_zpssoeaa2aj.jpg

the 300 x 20 sawn was not the greatest of stuff dimensionally to be working with and had a few issues getting it cut to length square, but got there ... 'least well enough for the job in hand ... trouble with being used to steel and everything being properly sized and true .....
anyway ... worked with one true, decent end as a face end and got it together alright, with the aid of a nice flat, straight, solid bench .. always helps

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_17_02_28_Pro_zpspu6v1pok.jpg

one down ..... two to go

as usual ... certain people couldn't wait to see what it looked like 'in situ'

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_18_04_39_Pro_zpsnchp0guj.jpg

back to it for #2 ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_18_25_35_Pro_zpskkfah92j.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_18_25_44_Pro_zps61k5w8ns.jpg

which got finished off after tea had been scoffed ....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200403_19_19_36_Pro_zps8czcragl.jpg

and dropped down with its mate ... then 'twas time to have a square up, 'fore it got dark
Last one to put together tomorrow ....... and then ....... I have now had some dimensions from Vicki, so got her's to dream up tomorrow too

on the plus side ..... I have one very happy Pam, especially as I've also got a load of top soil organised, to fill hers and Vicki's too, so should buy me some peace and quiet, to 'potter on' with my bits an' bobs for a while .... it'd better stay dry

4-4-2020

now that I had some dimensions from Vicki, had her's to dream up too

So ... spent a fair bit of the morning looking like a snowman ... been bloody windy here today and the sawdust's been everywhere

that was after completing #3 for Pam ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_13_58_25_Pro_zpsoy73iw48.jpg

lopped up a pile of short off cuts for starters, which worked in really well with the dimensions given .... then I had to drag another four 5 metre lengths out from under a box .... which proved exciting and bloody awkward, due to stuff being in the way .. like a dumper and a jake ... wasn't moving them and managed to thread 'em under the both of 'em then stuck 'em through the trellis fence where i could get at 'em ..

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_15_20_18_Pro_zpsdcguw5iw.jpg

and lugged 'em up to me bench ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_15_36_44_Pro_zpssknvdcby.jpg

to get 'em lopped up ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_15_38_19_Pro_zpsstqkam0c.jpg

then chopped some CLS and ripped them down for the framing, before spending the rest of the day assembling 'em all ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_16_54_59_Pro_zpsn1iadabi.jpg

between Pam's 'interuptions' for lifts and stuff

eventually got this one ready to assemble, just before tea interrupted play .... so went together this evening ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_19_09_31_Pro_zps1cpznvob.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_19_09_44_Pro_zpsdi3bqldv.jpg

followed by yet another hour's clear up .... bloody typical this afternoon ... sun came out just as it was going 'round from where it'd have shone on me ... been damned cold with the wind today, even though it's been a southerly, 'tweren't as warm as it was 'sposed to be

locked up just as the light was disappearing .....
this is 5ft x 2ft 6" .... Vicki usually gives me my 'instructions' in 'old money' , although happy working in either .... whichever dimension's the closest to what I'm after ...... worked out well for the materials
Box #2 is the morning's job, but only 2 ft 6" square so a lot less screwing .... just got to cut the CLS framing and rip it, before i can set about assembling it . .... forecast is warmer in the morning .... but still bloody windy from the South ... so doubt it's gonna feel much warmer

Squeak's found himself a new place to kip this morning ...... we decorated my little office a couple of weeks ago .... which was also a major juggle about of furniture ... two full filing cabs take some shuffling about to paint behind!!

To tidy up a lot of the stuff that seems to get parked in here we bought a shelving unit to rationalise it all .... and squeak discovered the top of it this morning

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_10_55_26_Pro_zpsrboncb5g.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200404_10_55_21_Pro_zpsjeizlumk.jpg

have to say, for an Ikea jobbie it went together very well and is good and solid ... there're a lot of lever archs and books on the shelves you can't see ... a fair bit of weight ... finding decent sized book cases proved to be quite a challenge when we were searching for a unit

5-4-2020

so ...... one down .... little un to do ....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_14_55_12_Pro_zpshooqzllw.jpg

three sides sorted ... no 4 on't bench

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_14_55_17_Pro_zpskynntwhu.jpg

on its way together ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_15_02_22_Pro_zpstyx2xv9u.jpg

and assembled

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_15_25_43_Pro_zpszuqfwncl.jpg

then I get ,..... " what have you got that'll support some netting to keep the birds and cats out? "

so ..... quick think, cup o' coffee and I've an idea ..... hauled out a new toy ... that apparently I didn't need, when it arrived ... . had a bigger version in work for years, by a company called Goliath .. sold unfortunately .. first time I've tried this ... and worked OK ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_16_34_10_Pro_zpsozc4mpxa.jpg

was cheap enough too

instant netting cradles ..
Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_16_54_44_Pro_zpswzxa9hzo.jpg

made the centre one higher, as it was how the materials 'panned out' and no point in wasting any

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_17_18_25_Pro_zps34bifgtz.jpg

drilled into the top frame ..... tha's me 10 mil bar stock cleaned out as well as most of me spare timber rapidly running out o' stuff to use for people's wish lists

Vicki should be well chuffed with these ..... I hope

these got a damned good coat of Cuprinol satin varnish yesterday afternoon and really brought the colours out in the timber ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_17_52_15_Pro_zpsaiafp8ik.jpg

Pam's like my old man used to be with a paint brush ... seems to use the handle more than the bristles .... bloody covered in it ... and her hands!!

should've seen the black brush after she'd done this, this afternoon

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200405_17_55_27_Pro_zpsmplqo6ns.jpg

done a nice job on it though ..... couple of chairs to go with it on the to do list tomorrow ... and that'll probably wipe out me tin of black metal gloss
good job I don't use black very often!!

there is going to be some sort of shopping list, after all this shit subsides .... WHEN it does ... could be a lot more to go on't list before then though

anyone wants to eyeball any more pix .... there're always loads more in me Photobucket folders, which I keep updated ... so for the masochists amongst us LOL ...... https://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8druid/library/scans 2?sort=3&page=1

6-4-2020

usual Monday morning .... Hamster juice top up time ... went looking for me coffee mug, first thing, that I'd left outside last night ... 8 mm of rain in it bit of a shock to see it come down last night ... considering the skies were clear when i hit me pit.

forecast for next Monday / Tuesday is 40+mm of rain ..... but at a week away ... might not materialise ........... hopefully

Just had a real heavy shower - as in LASHING down ....... 'sposed to be a blue sky day ... so tha's burgered Pam's chair painting for the day

well it did clear up and turned into a decent afternoon ....... we got a grub delivery from Vicki later in the day, bless 'em .... no Clara though ... she can't hack not being able to get near us apparently, so not likely to see her any time soon, other than on the 'puter vid. calls

with an empty car to go home with ... these had to 'fall' in the back .....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200406_14_13_57_Pro_zpso0c1mxxr.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200406_14_14_04_Pro_zpsf4tsgbjr.jpg

fitted in well and'd give Vicki summat to get enthused and occupied with ......

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/1586300984721_zps6j590ucy.png

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/1586300872904_zpsenyrdorv.png

Pam reckoned she's had too much of me 'rub off ' on her ..... she'd got the level out to set 'em up with today

8-4-2020

looks like we're gonna be having plenty of plum jam this year .... assuming we can get some jam making sugar that is .. and plenty of it

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200406_14_26_37_Pro_zpsj26ntcuf.jpg

both our plum trees are well in blossom

'the boss' has kept me busy half the day ... with little can you just,s ... that all added up to several hours ...
Delbouy gave me some bird boxes when i was down in Plymoth last ... this un went up today ...

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200407_13_10_14_Pro_zpsdalpi6bu.jpg

hadn't been up ten minutes and there were loads of little birds examining the new 'real estate' ... think a pair had moved in in an hour !!

all the grass got massacred after lunch ... lawn growing like crazy, but beside the drive wasn't so bad, so not a huge amount lying about, after the Dane had had a charge around it

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200407_14_51_27_Pro_zpsmhnfviem.jpg

the tree pollen is now dropping in earnest and my nose and eyes have really been suffering the last two days, even with me 10mgs of Cetirizine daily, I've had to resort to tissue balls, stuffed up me nose to try and filter it out a bit ... does help, but looks ridiculous ... do I care when it works

dragged a few bits together before tea, for a little summat I have in mind, hopefully tomorrow ...
she can't have much left to need my attention

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20200407_19_19_33_Pro_zps9mxwrgge.jpg

fingers crossed of course ..... there are two more bird boxes left to go up ... but no locations sussed as yet

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1574 » 23:31:34, 17-04-2020

magirus skrev:
V8Druid skrev:evening guys .... hope you are all well and still with us ..

Yep, still here,`live and, well, not exactly kickin´ but still mobile :vissla:
No virus sofar :thummar:

V8Druid skrev:get yer dictionaries out :lmao: :huh:

Got it right here :shake_hands:

evening Mags .... how're you bearing up ?
how are things in your country .. pretty drastic here :eek: :eek: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52313715
glad to see you're well :thummar: :thummar: and everyone else who replies to me ... wish you all well and stay safe :vissla:

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

magirus

#1575 » 23:42:24, 17-04-2020

Good to see you back :shake_hands:

Well, here in Magirusland we´re quite safe from the virus :thummar: Not much folks running around here.
Lucky I have me yard full of projects so I´m keeping meself busy :svettas:

magirus

Återgå till Grävredskap och fästen