Maskinistens Twitter-flöde  Stöd Maskinisten via Patreon  Maskinistens nätverk - information på svenska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på finska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på norska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på danska  Maskinistens nätverk - information på isländska
Forumindex

ForumindexForumindexMaskin-databasFotoalbumKalender-informationKöp & SäljDownloadsLexikonKontaktregisterCrimedatbase

Åkerman-register
Visa forum för mobila enheter

ForumindexMaskinforumRedskapGrävredskap och fästen

Druid's 'Drema's Druidfab Attachments !!

1743 inlägg • Sida 89 av 117
Diskutera grävredskap och -fästen här

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1321 » 21:45:58, 29-04-2019
  • Överför markerat ord till lexikonet

:help: right gentlemen .... any leccies/sparkies on here :huh:
.... pitch darkness here last night - I mean 'kin black :uupps: ... looked at the shed and the LED flood is flashing again :screwy:
... very much reduced from the first 'fault/issue' ..barely visible and can't be seen in daylight at all :???: .... but a faint pulse, all the same, maybe once every two seconds :aaargh:

standard two way circuit employed :vissla:

Bild

been out and bought some more new switches again today, as the only thing I can think of is a faulty switch leaking voltage
will swap them out tomorrow - one at a time and wait for dark ;) ... pull cord is my first choice and the easiest to swap ... :vissla:

can't be an earth leak or the RCB/MCBs'd be popping off .. :vissla:
has to be a voltage leak triggering the LED flood .. if it was a faulty unit it'd show in the 'on' position .... in the 'off' position there should be ZERO voltage going to it

Checked all the wiring for earth leaks/cross leaks, with the meter, before it got 240 applied to it ... nothing found :thumme:

any one care to contribute ?? :vissla:
this is officially pissing me off now :sad: :sad: :screwy:
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!! :uupps:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

Ort: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
International
Maskintyp: Grävmaskin (hjulburen)
Maskin: '99 15 tonne Hydrema Weimar M1500 compact wheeled excavator with Druidfab VA-r tilt rotator (rototilt)
'86 JCB 3CX SITEMASTER Extradig --SOLD
2002 JCB 8015 - 360 excavator
'97 6 tonne swivel skip Thwaites dumper
3 tonne Tico Humperdumper
Fleming Manor Micron 1/2 ton walking excavator

PeterR

#1322 » 22:25:56, 29-04-2019

Would this work?

Bild

2 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
PeterR
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: John Deere 1640 med Quicke Q930, Cormach SC-2, Modig 190HF, Arboga U2508, Arctic Cat 400 ATV

PeterR

#1323 » 22:30:10, 29-04-2019

4 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
PeterR
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Traktor
Maskin: John Deere 1640 med Quicke Q930, Cormach SC-2, Modig 190HF, Arboga U2508, Arctic Cat 400 ATV

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1324 » 00:54:20, 30-04-2019

they would all work Boyo :thumme: :cool: ..... but I need to satisfy myself that i do not have a faulty switch first as they would all produce the same result with a switch leaking voltage :sad: ...... new pull switch to swap out tomorrow and then wait for darkness :vissla:
it's such a dim flash it's invisible in daylight and just visible in total darkness :uupps: :uupps: ...... but it's there and I need it not to be :aaargh: :aaargh:
a truly weird fault :screwy:
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!! :uupps:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

Ort: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
International
Maskin: '99 15 tonne Hydrema Weimar M1500 compact wheeled excavator with Druidfab VA-r tilt rotator (rototilt)

lagun49

#1325 » 11:57:05, 30-04-2019

Are the "lamps" LED devices?
Den som aldrig misslyckats, har heller aldrig försökt.

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
lagun49
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Kompakttraktorer
Maskin: Strands S68 pelarborr/fräs
REX-Storebro VF145 svarv
Husqvarna Rider 850

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1326 » 01:20:31, 01-05-2019

lagun49 skrev:Are the "lamps" LED devices?

Yes Boyo .... small 10W flood type units ... do you know something I don't/should about these????? :???:

been out to a mate's most of the day, helping him strip a gert machine that needed two pairs of eyes/hands/brain cells. :grin: :grin:
didn't get back 'til gone four and have had a couple of hours investigating. :vissla:

before anyone asks ... it has a full and complete earth circuit, right the way back to the consumer unit in the house ? :thumme:

Cannot find any leak with a meter across circuits or switches? :???:
replaced the pull cord switch .. no difference ..... had the 2 way rocker out of circuit and meter-ed it .... sod all ..... :sad:

the flash rate is approx. every three seconds and so dim you need to be up the ladder next to the unit to see it. :???:
meter across live and neutral gives zero to 46 volts, building over the three seconds .. LED triggers, return to zero and builds again .. etc., etc. .... it's just like a capacitor charging :???: :???: :???:

Isolate the circuit at the MCB .... zero Volts at the LED and both switches, so it's somewhere in that circuit, but shows zero cross talk between any line with a meter ??
I have three points at which I can meter it over the length of all the circuits, between the house and the shed and two more at the shed end .... all showing zero cross talk with a 2 meg Ω test ?? :huh:

..... then the bell tolled and it was tea time :eat: :eat:

I might try replacing the LED unit with a bulb holder and tungsten bulb and see WTF I get then :vissla: ..... but can not for the life of me see how the voltage is arriving and building slowly over three seconds, at the LED unit with both switches in the off position ???????

Inducted voltage over the length of the two control wires between the switches ... about 100 ft ????? :???:
there is a constant live at the L1 poles, in both switches, running beside the L2 and common leads
'S got me foxed ......... for now at least ..... :vissla:

'sposed to piss down tomorrow, so leccy fiddling'll be out the window, :uupps: if it does and'll probably be over at Simon's tomorrow rebuilding said lump, if he gets a couple of bit's mod.-ed tonight :smile:

there is summat odd about these things, for sure :huh:
.... just been out and locked the shed (as I forgot, after tea :sad: ) and having turned the 3 strips on inside, when turned off, they took a good minute to stop glowing to the point I couldn't see them :???:

not bad light off the little floods though .... only 10W ones (see WTF you are type thing) and a very respectable amount of light from them :cool:
got some bigger 50W ones I haven't tried yet :uupps: .... be interesting to see what level of light they emit .... 'sposed to be equivalent to a 500W halogen :thummar: :cool:

more than happy with the strip lights .......

Bild

without the overhead storage in the way it'd be some bit bright in there :grin: :grin:

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

lagun49

#1327 » 12:58:24, 01-05-2019

V8Druid skrev:

Yes Boyo .... small 10W flood type units ... do you know something I don't/should about these????? :???:

I have experienced a couple of odd things with LED type of bulbs;

I had a christmas tree lightning with 16 LED:s in series connected to 230 V mains. Although the supply switch was off, still the LED:s were glowing. As they need very little current to glow, this can be reached by some induction in the cirquit - or a leak current (to ground) somewhere. :klia: :klia: :klia:
Den som aldrig misslyckats, har heller aldrig försökt.

3 personer gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
lagun49
Fler än 500 inlägg

Sverige
Maskintyp: Kompakttraktorer
Maskin: Strands S68 pelarborr/fräs
REX-Storebro VF145 svarv
Husqvarna Rider 850

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1328 » 13:42:39, 01-05-2019

lagun49 skrev:
V8Druid skrev:

I have experienced a couple of odd things with LED type of bulbs;

I had a christmas tree lightning with 16 LED:s in series connected to 230 V mains. Although the supply switch was off, still the LED:s were glowing. As they need very little current to glow, this can be reached by some induction in the cirquit - or a leak current (to ground) somewhere. :klia: :klia: :klia:

they're bloody strange things for sure .... need so little voltage/current to make 'em glow :aaargh:

well it ain't raining,contrary to the forecast and the inducted voltage is looking like the favorite ATM :vissla:

have checked everything and there is sod all wrong with me wiring or the switches :thummar:

capacitor or resistor across the LED connections looks to be fave, for killing the induced voltage, from my research thus far :vissla: :vissla:

or
going low voltage on the control circuit and installing a relay in the shed end to handle the 240V switching :huh:

****ing annoying :aaargh: :aaargh: :aaargh:

1 person gillar det här inlägget.
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1329 » 22:27:08, 01-05-2019

OK ... on the right track :thumme: ..... it's called Ghost or Phantom voltage .... :vissla:
" Ghost voltages can be caused when energized circuits and non energized wiring are located in close proximity to each other, such as in the same conduit or raceway. ... The meter is actually measuring voltage coupled into the disconnected conductor. "

... the longer the run, the worse it is :aaargh:

trying to find a method of eliminating them has proved a lot more difficult on Google .... Any ideas guys?? ... capacitor (or resisitor?) across the LED connections to suppress that ghost voltage and stop the LED tripping/firing (flashing) ?? :???:

can't seem to find any 'proprietary' ghost voltage 'slayers' :sad:
Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

magirus

#1330 » 22:42:57, 01-05-2019

Call in Ghostbusters!!!! :thummar:

magirus

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1331 » 22:59:11, 01-05-2019

magirus skrev:Call in Ghostbusters!!!! :thummar:
LOL

been rummaging me stores this evening for suitable relays for a variation on the control circuits .... got 24V, 110V and 240V on 11 pin with plenty of bases for an install .... :cool:

might see if the ghost voltage'll trigger a 240V relay at all .... will save transforming the voltage down to 24V for the control circuit, if it doesn't :grin: and simplify the install .... even got some DIN rail relay bases that'd go in the consumer unit :thummar:

sod all is ever easy :sad: :sad:

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

magirus

#1332 » 23:01:16, 01-05-2019

...and a voice called out to me and said, "Smile, it could´ve been worse"!
So I smiled and it got worse!! :lmao:

magirus

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1333 » 00:31:55, 04-05-2019

OK ..... one of the guys on a.n.other forum I frequent gave me a great link on Ghost voltages ... and how to kill them :grin:

bits duly ordered and awaiting delivery .... called 'snubbers' apparently .... at a fiver each they're almost as dear as the light units :uupps:

then some one else chipped in with an idea of using an incandescent bulb to ground the ghost voltage with to neutral :vissla:

as the 'Snubbers' didn't turn up with the posty today, it got a 10W bulb wired across the L & N very close to the LED unit :idee3: ... tha's killed the phantoms ... :grin: :grin: :thumme:
amazed at the amount of light in the shed from the dim glow when the LEDs are on this evening :huh: .. enough to navigate by, in there :smile: ... sod all when they're off though :thummar: ..... the Ghosts may be producing voltage, but not enough current to make the filament glow even slightly :cool: :hurra:

It'll do for now 'til the trick bits turn up and proved the issue/cure :thummar:

Had a busy day with me mate yesterday :smile: ...... on the techy stuff :vissla:

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20190502_11_42_35_Pro_zpsuztwnhum.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20190502_11_42_38_Pro_zpso06pk5tf.jpg

re-aligning and shimming this ready for re-assembly ..... :vissla: ... a heated, vacuum atmosphere, mixer for producing an animal feed supplements ... 's what his brother makes, amongst other things :vissla:

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20190502_11_42_44_Pro_zpsq2qwvyfe.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20190502_11_42_56_Pro_zpsqxcucjme.jpg

Defeated in the late afternoon by some O rings that did not wanna fit/stay put, :sad: no matter how lubed they were or how hard we tried ... a mod is required ... spent well over two hours trying :aaargh: ...... and had to throw in the towel :sad: .... the maths just did not add up :???: .. pint pot, won't take a quart :sad:

one of the groundsmen at Simon's brother's place came dashing in late afternoon :smile: .... could we look at the Gaiter ... summat had just gone bang an' he couldn't turn it off .... :vissla: :grin:

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20190502_15_53_11_Pro_zps06z57ohc.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/v8druid/scans%202/WP_20190502_15_53_24_Pro_zps7hfc9yzk.jpg

never seen a stop solenoid coil quite so comprehensively self-destruct before :skratta3: .... end cap clean off it and spewed it's contents well and truly out :uupps: :uupps: ..... think it may need a replacement :skratta3: ..... had to stifle the Yanny motor to kill it :vissla: which is why the inlet pipe is detached :grin:

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1334 » 22:57:01, 04-05-2019

right gentlemen (and ladies if we have any) .... get yer brain cells out of storage ...
does anyone know where Lion milling machines hail from ... damned if I can remember and drawing a blank on google ...
quite fancy this 4VS ....

Bild
Originalets URL: https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/m7wAAOSwSMZcyfuT/$/LION-4VS-VARY-SPEED-5-HP-MILLING-MACHINE-_57.jpg

Bild
Originalets URL: https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/163640346969_/LION-4VS-VARY-SPEED-5-HP-MILLING-MACHINE.jpg

it's this, or a tidy-ish Kondia FV1 .... both with XYZ power feeds ..... still regretting missing those Ajax last year ....
the Kondias are Spanish and have a decent rep. .....
some folks prefer 'em to a Bridgeport - heavier built, 40 INT taper and more daylight

Bild
Originalets URL: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/gXAAAOSw2bFb7Dvx/s-l1600.jpg

unless I can turn up some horror stories on the Lion, I'm more inclined to that .....
dearer, but looks to have had a very easy life

Bild
Originalets URL: https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/fxgAAOSwdyxcyfuY/$/LION-4VS-VARY-SPEED-5-HP-MILLING-MACHINE-_57.jpg

Never seen one of these 'in the metal' plenty of Kondias though

soooooo .... anyone care to share

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

V8Druid (trådstartaren)

#1335 » 12:19:49, 05-05-2019

something different I just had to share :cool:

I have done several cut and shuts on canal boats, extending them 10-12 ft .... but THAT is something else ... the logistics of achieving that are mind blowing :uupps: :eek: :eek:

Användarvisningsbild
V8Druid
Fler än 500 inlägg

International

Återgå till Grävredskap och fästen